3 days FOR/WHEADE
- Engineers, technicians interested in well control.
- This course provides thorough information on wellhead, BOP stack characteristics and well control equipment.
- To choose the equipment (wellhead, BOP, ancillary equipment) to design a well.
- To detect operating problems.
- To check the equipment used.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Videos and animations showing how equipment works.
ONSHORE WELLHEAD & BLOWOUT PREVENTERS 1.5 days
- Onshore wellhead:
- Functions, principles and technology.
- Setting procedure.
- Evolution of the wellhead according to drilling phase.
- Blowout preventers:
- Function and different types.
- Characteristics and technology.
AUXILIARY EQUIPMENT 1 day
- Closing and accumulation hydraulic unit.
- Choke manifold, chokes, valves, …
- Mud gas separator.
SUBSEA EQUIPMENT 0.5 day
- Wellhead, BOPs.
- Subsea BOP closing system.
- API rules.
- Exercises on subsea BOP closing system sizing.