5 days PRO/PPLCTE
- Young engineers involved in drilling/completion, supervisors in charge of drilling pay zone, and production professionals concerned with well productivity.
- This course provides the knowledge and skills needed to optimize the reservoir-wellbore interface and well productivity.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- select a reservoir-wellbore interface adapted to the conditions encountered in the reservoir,
- detect problems holding down productivity and select adequate solutions.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Numerous exercises on the influence of key parameters.
- Numerous animations and videos.
- Summary notes prepared and presented by the participants.
- Application to a real case (project) for the participants in the “Drilling and Completion Engineering” training course (E-412C).
NECESSARY FUNDAMENTALS OF RESERVOIR ENGINEERING FOR COMPLETION 1 day
- Main parameters about the rock-fluid couple: porosity, permeability, saturation.
- Means of reservoir knowledge: core, logging, well test.
- PVT study: PV diagram, PT diagram, terminology (bubble point, dew point, Rs, Bo, Bg, GOR, WOR, …).
- Drainage mechanisms: primary, secondary and enhanced recovery.
COMPLETION FUNDAMENTALS 0.5 day
- Completion: operations involved, main phases.
- Main factors influencing completion design.
- Completion configurations: fundamental requirements, main configurations.
WELL PRODUCTIVITY - Part 1 1 day
- Fundamentals: overall approach of the well flow capacity:
- Inflow (study of the bottom hole pressure from the upstream side): main parameters, Productivity Index (PI), global skin and flow efficiency.
- Outflow (study of the bottom hole pressure from the downstream side): case of oil wells and case of gas wells.
- Analysis of inflow and outflow performance curves, need for artificial lift.
RESERVOIR WELLBORE INTERFACE IMPLEMENTATION (excluding “wellbore treatments”) 1 day
- Specific aspects linked to drilling and cementing the pay zone.
- Perforating: main techniques, key parameters for productivity.
- Specific case of horizontal drains.
WELL PRODUCTIVITY - Part 2 1 day
- Additional information about PI:
- Productivity index and flow regime.
- Inflow performance below bubble point pressure (IPR).
- Additional information about skin:
- Components of completion skin.
- Damage skin estimation.
SUMMARY NOTE 0.5 day