40 days FOR/CE
- Young engineers involved in drilling and completion, supervisors, tool pushers.
- This course provides an in-depth, practical understanding of completion techniques, operations, equipment and procedures.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- assist in completion operations on site; and, with some experience, manage those operations,
- define a completion program; and, with some on-site experience, design and implement such a program,
- pass the IWCF “Well Intervention and Pressure Control” certification.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience within the petroleum industry.
Ways and means
- Equipment and cutaway tools display.
- Exercises, role-playing sessions and case studies.
- Summary notes prepared and presented by the participants.
- 5-day completion project, ending with a presentation to a jury.
- Knowledge assessment on a weekly basis.
Module 1 - COMMON FUNDAMENTALS FOR DRILLING & COMPLETION (cf. E-419) 5 days
Module 2 - WELL PRODUCTIVITY & RESERVOIR - WELLBORE INTERFACE (cf. E-451) 5 days
Module 3 - WELL COMPLETION EQUIPMENT & PROCEDURES (for flowing wells) (cf. E-453) 5 days
Module 4 - WELLBORE TREATMENTS (cf. E-455) 5 days
Module 5 - ARTIFICIAL LIFT & WELL INTERVENTION FUNDAMENTALS (cf. E-458) 5 days
Module 6 - COILED TUBING & NITROGEN OPERATIONS IN COMPLETION & WORKOVER (cf. E-461) 5 days
Module 7 - WELL INTERVENTION & PRESSURE CONTROL (cf. E-473) 5 days
Module 8 - PROJECT ON COMPLETION PROGRAM 5 days
- Completion design
- Tubing calculations
- Fluids design
- Chronology of operations
- Presentation to a jury