5 days PRO/EQTPEE
- Drilling or production engineers, supervisors involved in completion.
- This course provides the knowledge and skills needed to choose and operate completion equipment for flowing wells.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- assess which equipment is required in a conventional case,
- design the corresponding completion procedure,
- work on complex completion issues with specialists.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Equipment and cutaway tools display in Pau.
- For in-house courses held elsewhere, inasmuch as a completion shop is made available, a visit will be organized to the said shop.
- Summary notes prepared and presented by the participants.
- Application to a real case (project) for the participants in the “Drilling and Completion Engineering” training course (E-412C).
WELL-COMPLETION EQUIPMENT 1.5 days
- Functions to be carried out and corresponding equipment.
- Production string(s) configurations (conventional or tubing less, single or multi-zones).
- Production wellhead: tubing head spool and Christmas tree (components, design).
- Tubing & connections (main characteristics, criteria of choice).
- Packers and accessories (drillable or permanent, retrievable).
- Bottom hole devices (landing nipples, circulating devices, …) and relevant wireline equipment.
- Subsurface safety valve (subsurface controlled, surface controlled).
FUNDAMENTALS OF TUBING MOVEMENT & FORCES 1 day
- Point to be verified.
- Packer permitting free motion (tubing movement, tension on the tubing hanger).
- Packer permitting no motion (packer to tubing force, tension on the tubing hanger).
WELL-COMPLETION PREPARATION & IMPLEMENTATION 1.5 days
- Preparing for operations.
- Safety recommendations during completion operations.
- Standard running-in and start-up steps:
- Case of a packer set directly with the tubing string.
- Case of a packer set prior to the running-in of the tubing string.
- Operating recommendations.
ADVANCED COMPLETION 1 day
- Tubing less completion.
- Intelligent completion.
- Multilateral completion.
- Deep water completion.
- Single trip multizones gravelpack system.