5 days OPE/TRAIN-E
- Personnel in charge of training and technical competency enhancement programs.
- Learn how to effectively train technicians in operating facilities.
- To plan in detail the training program of a new technician.
- To transfer technical knowledge to newcomers, in the class and on the field.
- To evaluate knowledge acquisition.
- Good knowledge of the plant.
- Personal interest in educating others.
Ways and means
- Participants are required to practice all the concepts (workshops, exercises, field games).
- Case studies in class and on the field, some participants playing the role of trainees.
Upon specific request of a customer, this course may be shortened and focused on training operators on the field only.
EFFECTIVE CLASSROOM TRAINING PRESENTATION 1 day
- The classroom environment: guidance on how to form groups, optimize room set-up, use training aids and media.
- Agenda and organization of training courses. Strategies to motivate adult participants (influential factors).
- Speech management: schedule, importance of time and repetition, open and closed questions.
- How to encourage trainee active participation. Coping with difficult situations (hostility, stress, conflict).
- How to finishing the presentation effectively (key-point participative review).
- Applications: ice-breaking game, perform a technical presentation.
TEACHING TECHNIQUES 1 day
- The communication process and communicating in a teaching situation.
- Transmission of information (distortion of information, loss of information from the sender to the receiver).
- Characteristics of adult mentality (motivation, resistance to change, curiosity).
- Teaching styles, methods and climate (influence on trainees’ behavior).
- Applications: welcome a newcomer, perform a shift relief.
DESIGNING AND STRUCTURING A TRAINING PROGRAM 1 day
- Preparing a training program (what, who, where, when and how), from simple to complex ones.
- Training planning (well prepared and flexible). Training supports (manuals, textbooks, presentations, exercises).
- Definition of learning objectives, verification of their achievement (types of evaluation, timing, frequency).
- Use of visual and audiovisual aids, of physical equipment, of field visits.
- Applications: build an operator training program, create an exam.
APPLICATION TO INDUSTRIAL TRAINING IN THE PLANT 2 days
- Training on actual plant documents: P&IDs, operating procedures, equipment drawing, control loop.
- Training on the field: equipment understanding and monitoring, safety assessment.
- Use of major industrial incident reports for training and sensitization purposes.
- Short training presentations by participants, feedback lessons with the complete group.
- Applications: create and discuss operating procedures, field training on pumps, use of accident reports for training.