5 days OPE/TRAIN-E
- Personnel in charge of training and technical competency enhancement programs.
- To implement effective initial training programs for operators and technicians.
- To build a training plan.
- To transfer technical knowledge to newcomers, both in class and on the field.
- To evaluate knowledge acquisition.
Ways and means
- A large part of the training is dedicated to practice and interaction between participants.
- Participants are required to practice all the concepts discussed in various exercises and games.
- In particular, they will practice and demonstrate their general presentation and communication skills through various workshops, and practice technical course delivery, planning and training material preparation.
Effective classroom training presentation 1 day
- The classroom environment: guidance on how to form groups, optimize room set-up, use training aids and media.
- Agenda and organization of training courses.
- Strategies to motivate adults participants (influential factors).
- Speech management: planning speeches, avoiding distractions, importance of time and repetition.
- Typical types of questions (closed and open-ended), how to encourage trainees to ask questions and effectively answer questions.
- Coping with difficult situations: handling problem situations (too much or too little participation, hostility, conflict, study case), coping with audience-linked stress.
- Finishing the presentation (reviewing important points).
Teaching techniques 1 day
- The communication process and communicating in a teaching situation.
- Difference between communication and information.
- Transmission of information (distortion of information, loss of information from the sender to the receiver).
- Characteristics of adult mentality (motivation, resistance to change, curiosity).
- Establishing an appropriate learning plan (from simple items to complex ones).
- Teaching styles, methods and climate (influence on trainees’ behavior).
Designing and structuring a training program 1 day
- Preparing a training program (what, who, where, when and how).
- Training planning (well prepared and flexible).
- Training supports (manuals, textbooks, presentations, exercises).
- How will learning be checked (types of evaluation, frequency of evaluation, by whom?).
- Use of visual and audiovisual aids (pros and cons).
Application to industrial training in the plant 1 day
- Presentation and practice of methods for:
- P&ID studies (analysis method, risks identification and prevention means)
- Plant specific equipment training
- Control loops teaching for the plant units.
Training practice 1 day
- Short training presentations by participants and performance analysis.