9 days PL/OFFGB
- This course is designed for engineers and technicians whose activity is related to the design, construction and/or operation of Oil & Gas subsea production systems.
- This course provides technical knowledge on Oil & Gas subsea production systems.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- select the technology with the right criteria for the different equipment used for subsea production systems,
- select through typical subsea architecture and in particular in deep offshore,
- check installation techniques (with ROV, etc.),
- manage main problems of flow assurance and prevention techniques.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Lectures carry numerous examples from ongoing upstream projects.
- Each step of the course is illustrated by numerous examples taken from actual Oil & Gas construction activities.
All the modules are independent and may be done separately. Please refer to the training description for more details. Training E-780 may be validated once all modules have been completed.
Module 1: SUBSEA PRODUCTION SYSTEMS (E-781) 5 days
- Subsea components and field architecture.
- Pipelines and risers.
- Subsea construction & intervention.
- Inspection, maintenance and repair.
- Operational challenges.
- Operation from production platforms.
- New technologies.
Module 2: SUBSEA PIPELINES (E-782) 4 days
- Pipeline operation: main constraints.
- Design of rigid pipelines & risers.
- Flexible pipelines design.
- Offshore pipeline construction.
- Shore approach construction.
- Trenching & protection.
- Subsea tie-in methods.
- Precommissioning & pigging.
- Pipeline integrity.