5 days RES/PETRODATA
- Petrophysicists, geologists, geophysicists and reservoir engineers.
- This course provides a deepen understanding of methods used to measure reservoir petrophysical properties from cores, logs and well tests data and, ultimately, correlate and integrate results for reservoir characterization and modeling.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- deduce reservoir properties from log interpretation and compare results to core measurements,
- define rock-types, determine electro-facies and derive K-Phi relationship,
- integrate cores, logs and well tests data for reservoir modeling.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Real case study with cores, logs and well tests data.
Reservoir properties from conventional & special core analysis 1 day
- Core studies.
- Structure and properties of porous materials: porosity, permeability, grain density.
- Saturation, wettability, relative permeability and capillary pressure.
- Electrical properties (m and n exponents).
- Real case study: petrophysical synthesis.
Reservoir properties from log evaluation 2 days
- Seals, reservoirs and fluid characteristics.
- Wireline logging operations and logs.
- Open hole log interpretation methodology.
- Determination of reservoir properties from log interpretation: lithology, porosity and water saturation (case study).
- Quantitative log interpretation.
- Core - Log correlation and comparison of petrophysical results to core data.
- Permeability estimation from logs and core data.
- Real case study.
Rock-typing 0.75 day
- Introduction to rock typing and bases of electro-facies analysis.
- Electrofacies identification techniques: non-supervised and supervised approach.
- Connection with both geological and reservoir models building process.
- Real case study: correlate, combine and integrate consistent information from logs, core description and petrophysics.
Well testing 0.75 day
- Well test introduction and generalities.
- Well test interpretation methods.
- Examples and type curves.
- Real case study: well test interpretation and integration with petrophysics.
Data integration for reservoir modeling 0.5 day
- Introduction to integration for reservoir modeling.
- Geological model review: structural model, stratigraphic model and petrophysical model.
- Reservoir geological and petrophysical synthesis.
- Gridding and upscaling.