5 days PROC/OGFP
- Engineers and technicians interested, although not directly involved, in day-to-day Oil & Gas field processing operations: reservoir engineers, drilling and completion personnel, platform designers, petroleum architects, equipment suppliers, economists, …
- This course provides a comprehensive overview of Oil & Gas field processing technology.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- list main characteristics of Oil & Gas well effluents,
- assess problems induced by unwanted compounds in well effluents,
- explain gathering network design and operations,
- detail field treatment of Oil & Gas streams and processes technology,
- grasp fundamentals of Oil & Gas field processing operations and related operating conditions,
- ascertain the treatment processes necessary for production water and injection water.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Course delivered by industry specialists.
- Numerous applications and illustrations.
Well effluents behavior 0.5 day
- Different types of well effluent. Main characterization parameters.
- Liquid-vapor equilibrium of pure substances and mixtures. Effluent behavior.
- Constituents that pose problems for storage, transport or commercialization.
- Main specifications to conform with and required treatments.
Fundamentals of reservoir & drive mechanism 0.25 day
- Reservoirs: types, exploration techniques.
- Drive mechanisms.
- Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR): aim and principle of the main techniques.
Fundamentals of drilling, completion & well performance 0.25 day
- Drilling principle. Case of offshore drilling.
- Main completion equipment.
- Well performance. Needs for artificial lift. Principle of artificial lift by pumping, gas lift, …
Well effluent transportation, flow-assurance & gas hydrates prevention 0.5 day
- Gathering network design and operation:
- Multiphase flow. Flow patterns.
- Main flow assurance issues.
- Hydrates formation prevention strategies. Hydrates inhibition.
- Case studies: Gas condensate field development. Deep-offshore production.
Crude oil processing 1 day
- Crude stabilization by Multi Stage Separation (MSS): election of the number of stages, effect of operating parameters, management of foam issues.
- Crude dehydration and desalting. Emulsion treatment: operating parameters, internals, chemicals selection.
- Crude sweetening (H2S removal).
- Examples of oil treatment and associated gas compression process schemes.
Production & injection water treatment 1 day
- Quality requirements for production water. Environment related constraints.
- Main produced water treatments: API oil-water separators, plate separators, flotators, hydrocyclones, …
- Reasons for water injection. Quality requirements and necessary treatments:
- Chlorination, filtration, oxygen removal, sulfate removal.
- Examples of process schemes for production and injection water treatment.
Gas processing & conditioning 1 day
- Gas dehydration: TEG units, solid desiccants (molecular sieves) units.
- Gas sweetening. Acid components (H2S and CO2) removal: amine units, molecular sieves, membranes.
- Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) extraction: use of cryogenic refrigeration, Joule-Thompson expansion, Turbo-expander.
Liquefied Natural Gas 0.5 day
- Fundamentals of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) chain.