5 days PROC/OFFSHGB
- Engineers and technicians involved in designing, constructing or operating Oil & Gas offshore production facilities.
- This course provides a deep understanding of offshore technology and techniques, with a particular emphasis on issues of flow assurance.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the technology and design of offshore production facilities,
- grasp the architecture of offshore field developments, from shallow water to deep offshore,
- understand pipelines technology, laying techniques and main operational problems,
- learn the techniques used to prevent main problems of flow assurance.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Highly interactive training by industry-specialist lecturers.
- Numerous case studies from the offshore industry.
Overview of offshore developments 0.25 day
- Constraints specific to offshore production.
- Present performances and future perspectives - Technological barriers.
Fixed & floating production structures 0.25 day
- Offshore production structures: jacket, semi-submersible, SPAR, TLP, FPSO, …
- Selection criteria. Limitations.
- Terminology: shallow water, deep offshore, ultra-deep offshore.
Construction & installation of platforms 0.5 day
- Platform technology - Platform installation techniques.
- Examples of shallow water developments.
Deep offshore developments 0.5 day
- Typical subsea architecture: subsea wellheads, well jumpers, production manifolds, production lines, production risers, preservation lines, umbilicals.
- Role and technology of each piece of equipment.
- Examples of deep offshore developments.
FPSO/FSO technology 0.5 day
- Technology of floating (production) Storage and offloading vessels.
- Ballast tanks. Atmosphere control.
- Oil, methanol, … Storage tanks. Blanketing system.
- Storage tanks start-up procedures - Incidents.
- Technology and operation of FSO/FPSO offloading (tanker loading) buoy.
Operation of terminals 0.25 day
- Technology of tankers and loading/offloading equipment.
- Marine operations of reception and exports.
- Terminal constraints: storage capacity, scheduling.
New deepwater technologies 0.25 day
- Overview of new deepwater technologies that are in R&D or pilot stages.
Flow assurance 1/2: prevention of deposits in flowlines 0.5 day
- Main flow assurance problems: hydrates, paraffins, sulfates, sand, salt, naphtenates, …
- Main technical solutions and preservation operations. Intervention techniques.
Flow assurance 2/2: monitoring of multi-phase flow through flowlines 1 day
- Multi-phase flow patterns. application to Oil & Gas upstream activities.
- Gas dominated systems: dry versus wet scheme, flowline and slug catcher design.
- Oil dominated systems: hydrodynamic slug flow, examples.
Pipelines: technology, laying & operation 1 day
- Technology of pipelines: standards, material grades, insulation techniques.
- Pipeline laying techniques (offshore and shore approach). Illustrations.
- Pipeline operation and maintenance:
- Main flow assurance problems. Main available technical solutions.
- Pipe corrosion monitoring and prevention - Cathodic protection.
- Pipeline maintenance/maintenance management.