58 days HSE/HSESI
- Professionals with a significant experience in oil and gas surface production and/or HSE, called on to hold the position of HSE Superintendent.
- This course aims to develop managerial and communication skills while providing an in-depth technical knowledge stretching over a wide range of issues and advanced topics in relation to Oil & Gas production and processing equipment, integrity, HSE, deep offshore, flow assurance, etc.; necessary to hold the position of HSE superintendent.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- know the state-of-the-art Oil & Gas production techniques and equipment technology,
- understand all details of HSE issues linked to production, as well as to construction and maintenance works,
- describe HSE management rules and individual responsibilities,
- acquire world class work methods and communication skills.
- Significant experience within the Oil & Gas surface production field.
Ways and means
- Several applications and illustrations.
- Several teamwork sessions.
- Practical sessions on firefighting and oil spill response.
DOWNHOLE PRODUCTION - WELL PERFORMANCE 4 days
- Units. Dimensions
- Fundamentals of reservoir engineering. Well testing
- Fundamentals of drilling, completion, well servicing
- Artificial lift (pumping, gas lift …) and well performance
OIL, WATER & GAS PROCESSING 5 days
- Effluent behavior. Fundamentals of thermodynamics. Specifications
- Oil processing
- Production and injection water treatment
- Gas processing
HSE RISKS & MANAGEMENT 15.5 days
- HSE risks, flammability, overpressure systems: PSV, flare and flare network, closed and open drains...
- Safety in operation: use of utilities, degassing/inerting, confined space entry, start-up & shutdown
- Safety during construction and maintenance works: lifting & rigging, work at height, electrical safety…
- Work permit system. SIMultaneous OPerations (SIMOPS) management…
- HSE management systems. Management of change. Downgraded situations. HSE referential & responsibilities
- Safety engineering: HAZID, HAZOP, layout optimization and identification of major accidents. Risks matrix…
- Safety systems: HIPS, ESD, EDP, F&G, USS. Safety logic diagrams
- Human factors. Opersafe: philosophy and methodology
- Incident analysis and reporting. Root cause analysis
FIRE-FIGHTING & OIL SPILL RESPONSE 5 days
- Emergency plans. Equipment involved in fire-fighting
- Fire-fighting and OSR practice on site
ENVIRONMENTAL & SOCIETAL ASPECT MANAGEMENT 5 days
- Environmental legislation
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA). Management Plan EMP
- Societal issues related to E&P activities
INSTRUMENTATION & PROCESS CONTROL - ELECTRICITY 5 days
- Instrumentation & process control. Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Electricity, electrical motors and power generators, electrical power distribution network
ROTATING MACHINERY 5 days
- Rotating machinery: pumps, compressors, turbo-expanders and gas turbines
CORROSION, INSPECTION & INTEGRITY 3 days
- Metallurgy. Corrosion. Inspection. Facility integrity management
MULTIDISCIPLINARY CONFERENCES 3.5 days
- Terminal and FSO/FPSO
- Deep offshore: development challenges and specific operating constraints
- Flow assurance. Chemicals injection monitoring. Deposit prevention and monitoring
- Field Operations Management (FOM): objectives and methodology
BEHAVIORAL MANAGEMENT 2 days
WORK METHODS & COMMUNICATION 2 days
- Work methods and team management
- Written and oral communication
REVISIONS 3 days