5 days HSE/HSEMGT
- Engineers expected to assume a HSE Engineer position, Business Managers seeking to acquire comprehensive HSE management knowledge.
- This course provides the knowledge required to implement and follow-up a HSE management system, in order to ensure a higher level of safety and more environmentally-friendly business activities.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- suggest a relevant HSE organization in order to fulfil local needs,
- identify and explain the different elements of a general HSE management system based on a risk management approach,
- follow adequately local HSE rules and regulations and contribute to their improvement,
- contribute to building an HSE culture within their organization, which will allow avoiding incidents and accidents,
- prepare HSE audits and be familiar with continuous improvement processes,
- participate efficiently to a crisis organization.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Several applications and illustrations.
- Several case studies and teamwork sessions.
Overview of HSE management systems 0.25 day
- Historical approach. Initial development and current standards.
- Introduction to Integrated Management System. Certification.
- Industry approach. Operating Management System.
Fundamentals of management system 0.5 day
- Leadership. HSE Leadership characteristics. Roles of safety leaders. Communication and motivation.
- Introduction to risk management. Risk assessment process.
- Continuous improvement. PDCA cycle.
Management commitment & leadership 0.5 day
- Commitment and accountability.
- Establishment of a HSE Culture throughout the organization. Importance of communication.
- Management commitment. HSE policy.
- Strategies for establishment of HSE objectives.
- Main Key Performance Indicators in the industry.
- Establishment of compliance with legal requirements and industry standards.
- Personnel management. HSE competence assurance. Training matrix.
Risk management 1 day
- Establishment of risk assessment and control – Concepts, strategies and objectives.
- Risk Management tools, hazard identification and risk register. Risk map of activities.
- Establishment of a corporate risk matrix.
- Environmental and Social impact assessment process.
- Human factors and human error.
- Management of Change procedure.
- Downgraded situations and simultaneous operations.
- Safety design and asset integrity assurance – Main concepts.
- Identification and management of Safety Critical Elements.
Stakeholders management 0.5 day
- Main concepts – Stakeholders map.
- Social engagement planning.
- Contractor management – Interface between contractors and partners management systems.
HSE planning & crisis management 0.75 day
- Fundamentals of HSE management in projects.
- Structure and elements of HSE plans.
- Environmental management plans.
- Structure for emergency response planning. Establishment of tiers and development from risk assessment information.
- Crisis management organization and management of information and resources during emergencies.
Elements for execution & control 0.75 day
- Tools for risk assessment of execution activities:
- Permit To Work System.
- Job Safety Analysis.
- Observation and HSE awareness programs.
- Pre-start up review.
- Health and ergonomics management.
- Logistics HSE management.
Audits & continuous improvement 0.75 day
- Elements for monitoring and reporting.
- Undesired events reporting and investigation procedure.
- Environmental and social monitoring.
- Public reporting, sustainability reporting.
- Audit planning.
- Management of improving actions.
- Management system review.