5 days MAT/GT
- Engineers and technical executives involved in the definition, study, operation and maintenance of industrial gas turbines.
- This course provides a thorough knowledge of gas turbine functioning, technology, operation and maintenance.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand gas turbine functioning and operation,
- define the selection criteria of a gas turbine,
- take part in diagnosis following incidents on these machines,
- know the main maintenance operations.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Study of real cases corresponding to industrial situations.
- Various training supports: presentation supports, manufacturer’s documentation, operator’s instructions, PI&D.
TECHNOLOGY 2 days
- Presentation: functions of the different elements, machines available on the markets, evolution.
- Classification: types of cycles, technology, types of drivers.
- Construction: study of the different compression, combustion and expansion elements.
- Auxiliaries: startup, filtering station, cooling, lubrication, control, safety devices, exhaust.
FUNCTIONING - PERFORMANCE 1 day
- Compression in a centrifugal and axial compressor. Performance, limits of use.
- Low NOx content combustion: types of combustion chambers, combustion operation, influence of the fuel.
- Expansion: study of expansion in single-shaft turbines, two-shaft turbines, impulse turbines, reaction turbines.
- Performance related to ambient conditions, the fuel chosen. Standardized representations.
- Operating parameters: speed, critical T3, IGV. Examples of open-cycle and cogeneration (combined cycle) strategies.
OPERATION & TROUBLESHOOTING 1 day
- Startup and shutdown sequences.
- Control and safety system.
- Functioning on several fuels and impact.
- Feedstock adjustment.
- Washing of compressors and turbines.
- Monitoring of the inlet fluid quality (air, fuel oil): thresholds.
- Main problems listed and degradation mechanisms.
- Reading of the PID of the gas turbine main circuits:
- Start-up and clockwise rotation.
- Sealing and cooling air.
- Fire safety.
- Compressor washing.
- Lubrication oil.
- Control oil.
MAINTENANCE 1 day
- Notion of maintenance plan.
- Influence of the operating conditions.
- Elements of inspection on hot equipment and of general review.
- Endoscopic examination.