2 days RPC/GTL-E
- Managers and engineers interested in the current developments of GTL technologies.
- This course provides a technical and economic information regarding GTL processes.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- analyze the essence of natural gas markets,
- grasp the technology and economics of various GTL conversion units,
- have the latest update on current projects.
- No prerequisites for this course.
NATURAL GAS MARKETS 0.5 day
- Production and consumption of natural gas in the world.
- Main uses of natural gas.
- Existing and potential routes for gas: pipelines, LNG, electrical power.
- Natural gas reserves, associated gas: potential markets for GTL.
GTL TECHNOLOGIES 1.25 days
- Overview of full GTL production chain: synthesis gas, Fisher-Tropsch reaction, finishing.
- Products quality from conventional versus GTL technologies.
- Different processes for synthesis gas manufacturing and their reactions, catalysts, process schemes, past uses (methanol, etc.):
- Steam reforming.
- Partial oxidation (POX).
- Auto-thermal reforming.
- Projects in the frame of GTL production.
- Fischer-Tropsch manufacturing processes: reactions, catalysts and process schemes.
- Existing units for Fischer-Tropsch and projects in the frame of GTL production.
- Finishing processes for products upgrading, oligomerization and hydrocracking downstream Fischer-Tropsch units: reactions, catalysts and process schemes.
- Existing units and projects in the frame of GTL production.
GTL PROJECTS & ISSUES 0.25 day
- Investments, operating costs: CAPEX, OPEX, costs for natural gas.
- Marketing advantages, environmental incentives.
- Economic advantages/disadvantages of GTL versus LNG.
- Strategies of the different actors (producing countries of natural gas, process licensors, Oil & Gas companies, engineering companies).