5 days GEN/DECOUVEP
- All Professionals within the petroleum industry (commercial, legal, financial, human resources and support entities) or related sectors including Ministry of Energy professionals, who need of a general knowledge about the oil and gas upstream sector.
- This course provides a complete overview of the techniques, achievements and challenges of the Exploration-Production industry: Geosciences, Reservoir Engineering, Drilling and Well Completion, Surface Facilities, Onshore and Offshore Production.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the various phases of oil and gas exploration and production,
- understand the contribution of all experts and technologies involved in this sector,
- understand the E&P value chain from prospect to market,
- learn the vocabulary needed to attend E&P project technical meetings.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Interactive animation by E&P senior experienced lecturers.
- Use of several illustrations: videos, rock samples, tools, effluents, …
- Various examples.
Other training duration availability on request
- Welcome, introduction to exploration & production.
GEOSCIENCES 1 day
- Exploration tools: geology
- Structural geology. Rocks and sedimentary basins.
- From hydrocarbons to reservoir, well logging.
- Exploration tools: geophysics
- Principles, acquisition, interpretation.
- Reservoir engineering
- From physical interpretation to reservoir modeling.
- Evaluation of the reserves, well test, drainage mechanisms.
- Different types of effluent and their behavior.
DRILLING & WELL COMPLETION 1 day
- Well architecture, drilling rig functions, drilling techniques and operation.
- Offshore drilling rigs.
- Well Completion
- Reservoir/wellbore interface, artificial lift techniques.
- Well equipment and well intervention.
FIELD PROCESSING - SURFACE FACILITIES 1 day
- Field processing of well effluent
- Gathering network, effluent processing, metering and export.
- Offshore installations
- Fixed and floating production structures.
- Deep offshore technology.
FIELD DEVELOPMENT & DECISION MAKING PROCESS 1 day
- Field development process. Oil & Gas project phases.
- Project profitability evaluation and contracts.
- Fundamentals of oil & gas Project Management.
THE FUTURE 1 day
- The new challenges for the oil & gas industry.
- New energies.
- Environmental aspects.