5 days FOR/FDTDHE
- Drilling engineers, supervisors, tool pushers.
- This course provides a comprehensive knowledge to prepare efficiently and succeed in drilling a directional well.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- learn about the equipment needed for directional drilling,
- design a directional well,
- calculate the trajectory of a deviated well in 2D,
- design the drill stem, with regard to a well's profile, in order to reach a target.
- Course E-420 “Well Architecture and Equipment”, or equivalent practical experience, is highly recommended.
Ways and means
- Application to a real case (project) for participants in the “Drilling and Completion Engineering” training course (E-412C).
* Public holidays: the course schedule will be adapted to cover all content.
GENERALITIES 1 day
- Applications, terms and definitions
- Well profiles, coordinates’ system
- Trajectory control
- Uncertainty calculation, anti-collision
DIRECTIONAL DRILLING EQUIPMENT 0.75 day
- Specific drilling equipment: downhole motors, rotary steerable system
- Measuring equipment: MWD
DRILLING ENGINEERING 2.25 days
- Well planning
- Limits of use of a drill string: buckling
- Drill string design
- Torque and drag calculation
- Drilling fluids and cementing program
- Well control
HORIZONTAL AND ERD 0.25 day
- ERD, multilateral and short radius
CASE STUDIES 0.5 day
TEST 0.25 day