5 days MTE/ECC-E
- Operation and technical department staff involved in the running and maintenance of centrifugal compressors.
- To provide a broader understanding of the technology, performance and operation of centrifugal compressors.
- To describe the technology of centrifugal compressors.
- To select adequate operating conditions.
- To explain the main operating problems.
- To be involved in a troubleshooting process.
Ways and means
- Case studies based on industrial feedback.
- Various illustrations of actual systems.
- Use of a dynamic simulator.
Technology 1.25 days
- Different types of centrifugal compressors.
- Component parts and architecture of a centrifugal compressor.
- Technology of the essential components: stator, rotor, bearings, thrust bearing, seals.
- Vibrations, critical speed, dynamic balancing.
- Auxiliary equipment: lubrication system, buffer gas, balancing line, etc.
- Safety devices: axial displacement, vibrations, bearing and thrust bearing temperatures, oil pressure, etc.
Performance 1.75 days
- Changes in gas velocity and pressure in a centrifugal compressor.
- Mass and volume flow rate as a function of pressure, temperature and the nature of the gas.
- Discharge temperature, power absorbed as a function of the nature of the gas and the operating conditions.
- Compressor performance: influence of process parameters, impeller velocity and geometry.
- Characteristic curves of the circuit and the compressor. Influence of the operating conditions: intake pressure and temperature, nature of the gas, rotation speed.
Operation 0.5 day
- Flow rate regulation. Adaptation to service conditions.
- Surge and antisurge devices. Conventional control.
- Start-up and shutdown.
- Monitoring the compressor and auxiliary equipment under normal operating conditions.
Dynamic simulation (IndissPlus by RSI) 1.5 days
2016 course calendar
|Jun 21 - 24||Lillebonne||€2,010||Online||By email|