5 days FOR/OUTGARNE
- Young engineers and supervisors, toolpushers with some experience in drilling.
- This course provides an in-depth, practical knowledge of bit, drill string, and fishing techniques and equipment.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- acquire the basic knowledge on the bit and the drill stem,
- carry out basic calculations on the drill stem,
- choose a drill stem,
- use the different elements of the drill stem,
- learn about main techniques and equipment used to solve a fishing problem while drilling.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Application to a real case (project) for the participants in the “Drilling and Completion Engineering” training course (E-412C).
BIT 2 days
- Bit different types and classification.
- Bit use and drilling parameters.
- Dull grading.
- Bit nozzle selection.
- Bit selection.
- Visit of a Varel manufacturing unit.
DRILL STRING 1.75 days
- Distribution of stresses in the drill stem, neutral point.
- Drill pipes: characteristics, limits of use, combination of stresses, buckling.
- Drill collars: characteristics, profile, threading, choice of diameter.
- Auxiliary equipment: kelly, heavy weight drill pipes, stabilizers.
- Drill string selection: first approach.
- Margin of overpull, equiresistant drill string, necessary length of DC.
FISHING WHILE DRILLING 1 day
- Different problems found during drilling.
- Causes for sticking.
- Principles of the solutions to sticking.
- Fishing equipment lost in the well, main tools used.
- Avoiding sticking and losses of equipment in the wells.
KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT 0.25 day