5 days PRO/TAWOE
- Participants attending the training program “Drilling and Completion Engineering” (E-412C).
- This course provides a comprehensive knowledge of artificial lift, workover implementation and killing procedures for a producing well.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- select the adequate artificial lift method with regard to some specific operational problems,
- select the adequate well intervention method with regard to some specific operational problems,
- define a well killing program (pumping diagram).
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Exercises on key parameters of artificial lift.
- Design of a pumping diagram for killing a well.
- Case study for a workover program with an interactive game.
- Application to a real case (project) for the participants in the “Drilling and Completion Engineering” training course (E-412C).
Kindly refer to the following complementary courses which might be of interest: “Artificial Lift: Gas Lift” (E-459), “Artificial Lift: Pumping” (E-460) and “Well Servicing and Workover” (E-462).
ARTIFICIAL LIFT BY CONTINUOUS GAS LIFT 1 day
- Continuous gas lift: principle, well unloading, operating procedure and troubleshooting, field of application.
ARTIFICIAL LIFT BY PUMPING 1 day
- Sucker rod pumping, Electrical Submersible centrifugal Pumping (ESP): principle, specific completion equipment, operating procedure and troubleshooting, field of application.
TYPES & MEANS OF INTERVENTION ON PRODUCING WELLS 1 day
- Mains types of intervention: measurement, maintenance, workover.
- Main means (wireline unit, coiled tubing unit, snubbing unit, workover rig): principles, area of application.
GENERAL PROCEDURE OF A WORKOVER 0.5 day
- Main operation steps: chronology, more tricky operations from a safety point of view, main operations.
- Case of depleted reservoirs: losses and formation damage, kick-off after the workover.
WELL KILLING PROCEDURE FOR A PRODUCING WELL 1 day
- Killing the well by circulation: area of application, basis procedures (direct or reverse circulation), elaboration of the forward-looking pumping diagram.
- Killing by squeeze: area of application, basis procedure, elaboration of the operating program, case where the injectivity test is unsatisfactory, squeeze and bleed-off method.
- Final killing phase: observing the well, operations to run after packer “unsetting”.
CASE STUDY: WORKOVER PROGRAM 0.5 day