3 days FOPS/WELLOPGB
- Experienced Method Engineers, Technicians and Operators involved in well monitoring in Oil & Gas production facilities.
- This course provides a comprehensive knowledge for the monitoring of eruptive and activated wells, as well as the monitoring and validation of well tests.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- list equipment comprising eruptive and activated wells, including surface equipment for gas lift,
- analyze well behavior and well material balance,
- efficiently identify abnormal conditions on eruptive and activated wells,
- efficiently operate and monitor gas lifted wells,
- monitor wells safety test,
- troubleshoot activated wells instabilities for tests validation.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Highly interactive training by industry specialist lecturers.
- Several applications on eruptive and activated well dynamics.
- Several exercises on well material balance following well test.
Essentials of reservoirs & well equipment 0.5 day
- Hydrocarbon in place. Composition and volume.
- Permeability/porosity/reservoir/borehole interface. Productivity Index (IP).
- Various completions; eruptive wells/activated wells.
- Role of completion.
- Hydrostatic & dynamic wells:
- Conditions for eruptive wells.
- Notions of fluid flow. Pressure drop/skin effect.
Artificial lift 1 day
- Stimulation and activation principle.
- The various methods of activation.
- Well activation by gas lift:
- Gas lift principle.
- Pros and Cons.
- Bottom hole and surface gas lift equipment.
- Gas lift valve: role/technology.
- Start-up methods in gas lift well.
- Operation of multiple wells.
Well interventions - Workover, wireline, metrology - Safety 0.5 day
- Heavy/light wells intervention. Equipment.
- Wireline/workover operations.
- Metrology associated with the operating mode for eruptive or activated wells.
- Downhole and surface safety equipment.
- Safety levels.
Well monitoring & testing - Test separator 1 day
- Test separator:
- Equipment, metrology and test separator control.
- Control and stability of tested well.
- Metering equipment.
- Wells parameters determination/GLR, GOR, WOR, BSW, Specific gravity, …
- Sampling procedure.
- Multi-Phase Flow Meter (MPFM):
- Operating principle and equipment technology.
- Results analysis.
- Stability control and well test validation.
- Potential problems. Tuning difficulties: analysis, solutions.
- Troubleshooting of gas lift wells.
- Troubleshooting of wells activated by Electric Submersible Pump (ESP).