32 hours PRO/BLPROSPER
- Reservoir or well performance engineers and technicians.
- This course aims a deepen knowledge of well lift optimization and master use of the software program Prosper.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- build a PVT model which will be used in a well performance study,
- analyze the link between reservoir characteristics and production,
- model and analyze crucial parameters of well performance,
- identify reasons for poor well performance,
- select and design the adequate artificial lift methods.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Multimedia online learning with personal coaching.
- Before training starts, 2 hours are dedicated to introduce the training agenda, methods and tools.
- The exact needs and expectations of each participant are also assessed and discussed (MCQ and phone interview with the tutor).
- During the training, individual phone contact with the tutor and web conferences with other participants.
- Use of the software program PROSPER™ (license not provided).
Total duration of the training is 32 hours, spread over an 8-week period.
INTRODUCTION 2.5 hours
- Well production optimization.
- PROSPER™ software.
CHARACTERIZATION OF RESERVOIR FLUIDS - PVT 2 hours
- Goal and application of PVT studies.
- Main Oil & Gas properties.
- PROSPER™ software PVT module.
INFLOW PERFORMANCE RELATIONSHIP 6.5 hours
- Modeling of flows in a porous medium.
- Modeling of the reservoir-wellbore interface.
- IPR calculation in the case of Oil & Gas reservoirs.
- Specific case of horizontal and deviated wells.
NATURAL FLOWING WELLS 7 hours
- Introduction to the specificities of multiphase flows.
- Choice of the adequate correlation.
- Modeling outflow performance.
- Nodal analysis of a reservoir well system.
ARTIFICIAL LIFTED WELLS 4.5 hours
- Introduction - Using the nodal analysis.
- Gas Lift system: description and design.
- Electrical Submersible Pump (ESP): presentation and design.
- Overview of other artificial lift methods.
WELL PERFORMANCE DIAGNOSIS 2.5 hours
- Production rate analysis of well flowing naturally.
- Production rate analysis of well activated with GL or ESP.
CONCLUSION - CASE STUDY 7 hours