5 days PRO/INPFE
- Engineers and technicians, from operating or service companies, interested but not involved in well completion or servicing: geologists, geophysicists, reservoir engineers, drillers, production and process staff, platform designers, economists, etc.
- This course provides a comprehensive overview of completion and well intervention operations.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the connection between reservoir and completion.
- Distinguish between the main configurations and techniques of completion.
- Review advantages and issues of various techniques.
- Communicate efficiently with Oil & Gas service companies and equipment suppliers.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Well control on a simulator.
- Equipment and cutaway tools display.
- Exercises, role-playing sessions, project and case studies.
- Summary notes prepared and presented by the participants.
Kindly refer to the following complementary courses which might be of interest: “Introduction to Reservoir Engineering” (E‑300), “Drilling Fundamentals” (E-410), and “Oil & Gas Field Processing” (E-540).
NECESSARY FUNDAMENTALS OF RESERVOIR ENGINEERING FOR COMPLETION 0.75 day
- Introduction: area concerned by completion, main steps.
- Geological trap, rock properties.
- Fluid behavior.
- Reservoir characterization, well testing.
- Recovery mechanisms.
NECESSARY FUNDAMENTALS OF DRILLING FOR COMPLETION 0.25 day
- Drilling and casing program, casing cementing.
- Wellhead and safety equipment (BOP).
INTRODUCTION TO COMPLETION 0.5 day
- Concerned area, main steps (for memory).
- Main factors influencing completion design.
- Completion configurations: requirement, main configurations.
WELL PRODUCTIVITY & RESERVOIR-WELLBORE INTERFACE (Part 1) 0.75 day
- Overall approach of the well flow capacity:
- Inflow and outflow performance.
- Need for artificial lift.
- Drilling (and casing) of the pay zone: specific aspects.
- Problems linked to restoring the cement job.
- Perforating: principle, main methods.
EQUIPMENT OF NATURALLY FLOWING WELLS 1 day
- Functions to be carried out and corresponding pieces of equipment, main configurations of production string(s).
- Technology and handling of main pieces of equipment: production well head, tubing, packer, downhole devices, subsurface safety valve.
- Running in hole procedure.
- Present trends: fullbore, (…), intelligent completion.
RESERVOIR-WELLBORE INTERFACE (Part 2) 0.75 day
- Stimulation: acidizing, hydraulic fracturing.
- Sand control.
- Horizontal drain specificity: interest, reservoir-wellbore interface.
ARTIFICIAL LIFT 0.5 day
- Sucker rod pumping and electrical submersible pumping: principle, main components, factor to consider for design, operating problems.
- Continuous gas lift: principle, factor to consider for design, unloading, operating problems.
- Field of application.
WELL SERVICING & WORKOVER 0.5 day
- Main jobs: measurement, maintenance, workover.
- Operations on live wells: wireline, coiled tubing, snubbing.
- Operations on killed wells: workover.