60 days EAM/UPM
- Recently hired professionals, preferably with an engineering background, about to take up a position in upstream petroleum activities.
- Staff from other petroleum sectors (refining, chemicals, etc.) taking up an upstream managerial position or from government agencies with responsibilities for petroleum matters will also benefit from this course.
- To gain an understanding of the upstream petroleum sector in its technical, economic and financial dimensions (main technical mechanisms, key economic data and characteristics, management tools, etc.).
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Case studies.
- Statistical data.
This module is a part of a 16-month master degree program, Petroleum Economics and Management, run by IFP School
PRODUCTION & RESERVOIR ENGINEERING 12 days
- This part of the course covers the basic techniques used in exploration, development and production. This will enable the participants to communicate with specialists in this field, understand and estimate the validity of the technical data on which economic analyses are based.
GLOBAL ENERGY OUTLOOK 10 days
- Energy geopolitics.
- Energy issues in the context of policy.
- Financial aspects of the petroleum industry.
- Evolution of the oil industry.
UPSTREAM MANAGEMENT 11 days
- Economic aspects of Oil & Gas Exploration-Production.
- Legal and fiscal aspects.
- Project financing.
EVALUATION OF PROJECTS 12 days
- Economic criteria: discounted cash flow, Internal Rate of Return, profitability index.
- Field development case study.
- Equivalent cost and long-term marginal cost.
- Portfolio management.
FINANCE & ACCOUNTING 10 days
- Principles of accounting: case of Oil & Gas companies.
- The balance sheet and the income statement and notes.
- Financial analysis.
- Market value, Price Earnings Ratio.
- Statement of cash flow.
- Introduction to cost accounting and management control.
EFFICIENCY ANALYSIS OF INDUSTRIAL FIRMS 5 days
- Production frontier and economic performances of firms.
- Deterministic, stochastic parametric and non-parametric models.
2017 course calendar
|Jan 03 - Apr 07||Rueil||€12,980||Online||By email|