5 days PRO/URCS
- All professionals within the Petroleum and Energy industry or related sectors, who need a general knowledge and understanding of the Oil & Gas unconventional production and development techniques.
- This course provides a complete overview of the techniques, achievements, challenges of the development of shale gas wells as well as stimulation technics.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- recognize the specificities of the unconventional reservoirs, the techniques and challenges of their development and their production,
- distinguish the drilling and completion methods of shale gas wells,
- demonstrate the stimulation techniques of shale gas wells.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Interactive animations by experienced lecturers.
- Use of several illustrations: videos, field cases, …
Kindly refer also to complementary course which might be of interest: “Unconventional Resources - Shale Gas Fundamentals” (E-356).
SHALE GAS & OIL PRODUCTION ISSUES: FROM RESOURCES TO TECHNICALLY PRODUCIBLE RESERVES 1 day
- Evaluation of shale gas resources (in place and technically recoverable).
- Source rock hydrocarbons production issues.
- Well productivity assessment: missing state of art.
- Field Development (case study and exercises):
- Establish well pattern.
- Establish the plateau rate and duration.
- Build Field Development spread-sheet.
PRODUCTION ISSUES FOR LOW PERMEABILITY FORMATIONS 0.5 day
- Hydraulic fracture mapping: micro-seismic monitoring and associated uncertainties.
DRILLING COMPLETION 0.5 day
- Unconventional wells architecture.
COMPLETION 1 day
- Specific drilling/completion operations and equipment.
- Wells integrity.
STIMULATION 2 days
- Horizontal multi staged hydraulic fracking techniques and operations.
- Actual case and examples.
- Technological challenges and new techniques.