4 days OMT/TURNPLA
- Maintenance schedules and planners, contractor's, supervisor's, operational foremen, and staff involved in the detailed preparation of turnarounds in refining or petrochemical plants.
- To grasp the methodology structuring a successful plant turnaround which meets all safety, quality, time and cost targets.
- To learn about strict works schedule and logical organization of the different departments involved in a unit shutdown.
- To conceive and follow a shutdown schedule.
Ways and means
- Numerous applications and cases studies.
- The delivery method is interactive and takes advantage of participants' own experience.
Turnaround: requirements and reasons 0.25 day
- Reasons: statutory inspection requirement, process improvement, scheduled overhauls.
- Requirements: duration, safety results, start date, budget, suitable organization.
Turnaround team organization and job description 0.5 day
- Team building, work flow.
- Organization chart.
- Subcontracting level, division of work.
- Different roles: pilot, major contractor, ...
Detailed preparation 2 days
- Scope of work: turnaround work list review.
- Task analysis: work order description and duration, resources, tools required, technical and safety constraints management.
- Practical exercise: devise an inspection check-list for a vessel.
- “Turnaround execution manual”: role and contents.
- Planning: Arrow diagram, Bar chart (Gantt), critical path, margin, resource management.
- Practical exercise: establish the work coordination schedule.
- Skill selection and rules of contracting out to companies: approval, integration of quality and safety requirements intenders.
- Spare parts and materials.
- Budget estimation.
Logistics preparation 0.5 day
- Drawing an organization chart.
- Kick-off meeting.
- Safety health and environmental program, work permits.
Follow-up and statement 0.75 day
- Work follow up, checking.
- Cost control, change order management, financial and technical balance.
- Progress report.
- Follow-up on technical equipment sheet upgrading.
- Contractor's and subcontractor's assessment.
- Final closeout report.