5 days EMT/THERMEQ
- Engineers, technical staff and supervisors in the petroleum and petrochemicals industries, involved in the technology and operation of thermal equipment.
- To provide in-depth knowledge of heat exchangers, furnaces and boilers encountered in the petroleum and petrochemicals industries.
- To illustrate the technology of thermal equipment.
- To compare operating conditions and implement an optimum, safe and reliable operation of heat exchangers and heaters.
- To discuss the main steps of start-up, shutdown, cleaning and testing procedures.
Ways and means
- Study of main components of burners, tube coils, refractory materials.
- Actual examples and application from the refining, petrochemical and chemical industry.
- Trainee participation is continuously encouraged through the use of case studies selected by the trainer or proposed by trainees themselves.
Thermal equipment and heat transfer 0.5 day
- Heat exchange conditions: convection coefficients, resistance caused by the walls and by fouling. Heat flux.
- Overall heat transfer coefficient.
- Heat transfer by radiation: parameters governing heat transfer, type of fuel burned, tube temperature, fouling effect.
Heat exchangers technology and selection criteria 1 day
- TEMA standard heat exchangers, selection criteria for different types of shell, front ends and rear ends, floating end construction.
- Tubes: lengths, diameters and gages, pattern and pitch, tube-to-tubesheet joints, maintenance and cleaning.
- Baffles and support plates: type of transversal baffles, baffles cuts, spacing.
- Thermal performance: fluid flow distribution, geometrical characteristics and technological constraints.
- Other types of heat exchanger: tubular or plate type, air coolers and condensers.
Heat exchangers performance and operation 1 day
- Heat exchanger performance follow-up: influence of fouling.
- Optimum cleaning interval estimate, preparation, safe cleaning procedure.
- Inspection of exchanger bundles.
- Hydraulic pressure test: case of U tube bundle and floating head heat exchangers.
- Start-up procedure: Main steps for a safe start-up.
Furnaces and boilers technology 1.5 days
- Different types of furnaces and their function. Operating conditions.
- Boiler technology.
- Efficiency of heat recovery: estimation rule. Parameters governing heater efficiency.
- Construction of heat exchange areas and refractory materials.
- Air and flue gas circulation: natural and forced draft.
- Burner technology: fuel and air supply and mixture. Low NOx and ultra low NOx burners technology.
Operation 1 day
- On stream operation: monitoring of combustion and heating. Modifying operating conditions.
- Control system: air/fuel ratio control, process fluid outlet temperature, steam pressure, feed water flow rate control, phenomena disrupting the steam drum level.
- Safety prescriptions on heaters, process fluid, combustion, fuel circuits.
- Safe and reliable operation: main recommendations.
- Start-up and shutdown: preparation, safe ignition procedures.
2016 course calendar
|Sep 12 - 16||Rueil||€2,850||Online||By email|