3 days WEL/STRIPE
- Drilling and completion engineers, supervisors, and experienced tool pushers.
- This course provides the practical knowledge and skills required for stripping operations.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to carry out stripping operations in real conditions through annular preventer alone or rams to rams.
- To have a valid well control certificate and to correctly know the basics on well control equipment.
Ways and means
- Exercises either on a real rig or on a simulator.
REMINDERS ON WELL CONTROL 0.75 day
- Causes, signs of a kick.
- Procedures in case of a sign of a kick.
- Well shut-in procedures.
- Control methods: driller's method, wait and weight method.
- Reminders on the equipment: BOP, closing unit, choke manifold, tests of equipment.
STRIPPING 2.25 days
- Principle of the volumetric method, of the lubricating method.
- Application of the volumetric method to a general case: change in annular capacity, deviated well, drill collar safety.
- Stripping principle.
- Additional equipment required for a stripping job.
- Stripping through the annular preventer while running in on a training well or simulator.
- How teams are organized on the rig site to carry out the job.
- Stripping through ram BOP while running in on a training well or simulator.
- Stripping procedure when pulling out of hole.