5 days MTE/EXTAV-E
- Operation and technical department staff from manufacturing plants or power plants who are in charge of steam turbine operation and maintenance.
- To provide better understanding of steam turbine technology, performance and operation.
- To explain the operating principles of steam turbines.
- To select adequate operating conditions.
- To explain typical operating problems.
- To implement a steam turbine systematic troubleshooting survey.
Ways and means
- Study of industrial cases:
- Various illustrations of actual systems.
- Use of a dynamic simulator (IndissPlus by RSI) to demonstrate typical features related to start-up.
Steam turbine performance 1.25 days
- Steam characteristics, inlet and exhaust conditions.
- Ideal expansion and real expansion.
- Monitoring steam characteristics on the Mollier diagram: expansion, heating, consumption, etc.
- Expansion mechanisms: impulse stage, reaction stage and different types of multistage turbine.
- Overall performance.
- Application: analysis of industrial turbine operation.
Technology 1.5 days
- Main types of turbines, new designs from manufacturers.
- Nozzles, diaphragms, fixed blades.
- Rotors and bladings.
- Bearings and thrust bearings.
- Seals: internal and shaft ends sealing.
- Vibrations and critical speeds.
- Condenser and vacuum devices.
- Application: study of turbine, turbine and auxiliaries drawings.
- Practical workshop: study of component parts using a dismantled turbine, if available.
Steam turbine control systems 0.75 day
- Speed control systems fixed or variable, process parameter control, generating set control.
- Controllers: characteristics of conventional and numeric controllers.
- Equipment technology: sensors, transmitters, controllers.
- Safety devices: overspeed, vibrations, temperature of ancillaries, control loop and safety systems.
Operation 1 day
- Lubrication and sealing devices.
- Important factors in turbine operation: heating, expansion, vibrations.
- Start-up after trip.
- Monitoring of steam circuit and lubrication circuit.
- Start-up and shutdown sequences of different types of turbine (impulse, reaction, condensing and non-condensing turbines).
- Incidents occurring in the steam circuit, the machine or the ancillary equipment.
Dynamic simulation (IndissPlus by RSI) 0.5 day
2016 course calendar
|Sep 27 - 30||Martigues||€1,800||Online||By email|