5 days MTE/EXTAV-E
- Operation and technical department staff from process or power plants in charge of steam turbine operation and maintenance. Engineering personnel responsible of steam turbine projects, from design to installation.
- This training provides a good understanding of steam turbine technology, performance & operation.
- To explain the operating principles of steam turbines.
- To recognize typical operating problems.
- To implement a steam turbine systematic troubleshooting monitoring
Ways and means
- Study of industrial cases:
- Various illustrations of actual systems.
- Use of a dynamic process simulator (IndissPlus by RSI) to demonstrate typical features related to start-up.
STEAM TURBINE PERFORMANCE 1.25 days
- Steam characteristics, inlet and exhaust conditions. Ideal and actual expansion.
- Monitoring steam characteristics on the Mollier diagram: expansion, heating, consumption, etc.
- Expansion mechanisms: impulse stage, reaction stage and different types of multistage turbine.
- Overall performance. Efficiency, steam consumption related to power supply
- Application: analysis of industrial turbine operation.
TECHNOLOGY 1.5 days
- Main types of turbines, new designs.
- Technical components: rotor, wheels, casing, bearings and thrust bearings, sealing devices.
- Vibrations and critical speeds. Condenser and vacuum devices.
- Application: study of different types of turbines and related auxiliary systems
- Practical workshop: study of component parts using a dismantled turbine.
STEAM TURBINE CONTROL SYSTEMS 0.75 day
- Speed control systems. Controllers: characteristics of conventional and digital controllers.
- Equipment technology: sensors, transmitters, controllers.
- Safety devices: overspeed, vibrations, temperature, etc.
OPERATION 1 day
- Lubrication and sealing devices.
- Important factors in turbine operation.
- Monitoring of steam circuit and lubrication circuit.
- Start-up and shutdown sequences of different types of turbines.
- Incidents occurring in the steam circuit, the machine or the ancillary equipment.
DYNAMIC SIMULATION (IndissPlus by RSI) 0.5 day
- Preparation & start-up of a steam turbine driving centrifugal compressor.