3 days EIM/PLINS-E
- Managers, engineers and staff involved in inspection, maintenance and operation in the petroleum, petrochemical and chemical industries.
- To provide the necessary background for setting up RBI for fixed equipment.
- Describe the RBI method for a petrochemical or chemical unit.
- Identify the degradation mechanism for a corrosion loop.
- Determine the probability and consequence of failure.
- Set up appropriate inspection planning.
Ways and means
- An interactive course based on actual case studies.
Owner - User inspection organization 0.5 day
- Responsibilities of an owner-user of pressure equipment.
How to design a rational method of inspection 0.5 day
- Review of RBI based on API 581.
Quantitative and semi-quantitative risk based inspection approach 1 day
- Comparison of the qualitative and quantitative RBI-API 581 approaches.
- Damage and inspection “manuals” (API 571).
- Inspection plan preparation and/or revision. Keys for a successful inspection plan.
- Advantages of the risk-based approach. Other professional documents.
- Inspection “Corrosion loop”.
Examples of application of the RBI method 1 day
- Technical expertise.
- Risk based inspection analysis presentation.
- Corrosion survey and diagnosis tools.
- Use of inspection results and technical experts.
- Documentation related to damage types (corrosion, metallurgical or mechanical damages) and prevention strategies.
- Case studies of process plant inspection plan.