3 days EIM/PLINS-E
- Managers, engineers and staff involved in inspection, maintenance and operation in the petroleum, petrochemical and chemical industries.
- This course covers the necessary background for setting up RBI for static equipment.
- To describe the RBI methodology for a petrochemical or chemical plant.
- To identify the degradation mechanism for a corrosion loop.
- To determine the probability and consequence of a failure.
- To set up a suitable inspection plan.
Ways and means
- An interactive course based on actual case studies.
OWNER - USER INSPECTION ORGANIZATION 0.5 day
- Owner-user responsibilities for pressurized equipment inspection.
HOW TO DESIGN A RATIONAL METHOD OF INSPECTION 0.5 day
- Review of RBI based on API 581.
QUANTITATIVE AND SEMI-QUANTITATIVE RISK BASED INSPECTION APPROACH 1 day
- Comparison of the qualitative and quantitative RBI-API 581 approaches.
- Damage and inspection “manuals” (API 571).
- Inspection plan preparation and/or revision. Keys for a successful inspection plan.
- Advantages of the risk-based study. Other professional documents.
- Inspection using “Corrosion loop”.
EXAMPLES OF APPLICATION OF THE RBI METHOD 1 day
- Technical expertise.
- Risk based inspection analysis presentation.
- Corrosion monitoring and diagnosis tools.
- Use of inspection results and technical experts.
- Documentation related to damage types (corrosion or mechanical damages) and prevention strategies.
- Case studies of process plant inspection plan.