5 days FOR/BOPE
- Young engineers and supervisors, toolpushers with some experience in drilling.
- This course provides a thorough, practical knowledge of rigs, BOP’s and well control equipment.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- acquire a good knowledge of drilling rigs and BOPs,
- learn about the use and limits of different pieces of equipment,
- select capacities and types of rig equipment,
- select BOPs, hydraulic units and auxiliary equipment.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Application to a real case (project) for the participants in the “Drilling and Completion Engineering” training course (E-412C).
RIG 3 days
- Description of the main functions:
- Limits of use.
- Equipment selection through exercises:
- Choosing the drawworks, the drilling line, drilling line work.
- Choosing the pumps as per the drilling program.
BOPS & WELL CONTROL EQUIPMENT 2 days
- Different types: ram BOP, annular BOP, inside BOP.
- Technical field characteristics.
- Auxiliary equipment:
- Accumulation and closing unit.
- Choke manifold, chokes.
- Mud gas separator.
- Equipment working test and pressure test.
- API rules.
- Exercises on BOP closing unit sizing.