5 days REE/RMNGT
- Geoscientists, reservoir engineers, field development engineers and petroleum engineers actively involved in production engineering related activities.
- Managers and would-be managers in various E&P disciplines involved with interface activities.
- This course provides a comprehensive overview of techniques used in the management of an asset, throughout its lifetime, from the discovery of a reservoir till the end of production.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- discuss main concepts of Reservoir Management from Geology to Hydrocarbon Recovery and Export point,
- include each Reservoir Management component within the workflow and discuss the importance of timing and cost/benefit analysis,
- list techniques and best practices related to the development of Oil & Gas fields including economic aspects,
- describe Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS), reserves and resources definition and classifications,
- describe main monitoring techniques in order to apply IOR and EOR methods during reservoir life,
- discuss about integrating risks and uncertainties into reserves evaluation: static uncertainties, dynamic uncertainties, geostochastic modelling, etc.,
- use the interdisciplinary synergistic approach leading to efficient reservoir management.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Interactive lectures and exercises.
- Field case study.
Introduction to reservoir management 0.25 day
- Objectives of Reservoir Management.
- Field development projects: an integrated effort.
Decision process & business aspects 0.75 day
- Development decision process.
- Project economics (NPV, IRR, …).
Reservoir characterization - Reminders 0.5 day
- Data gathering, data base, quality control.
- Reservoir characterization workflow.
- Reservoir geo-modeling workflow.
Reserves classification & evaluation 1 day
- SPE definitions and principles (PRMS).
- SEC definitions and guidelines.
- Reserve estimation and production profile tools.
- Analogue methods.
- Performance analysis (material balance, decline curves analysis).
- Simulation models.
Reservoir monitoring & data acquisition for IOR/EOR 1 day
- Definitions, facilities, planning & costs.
- IOR and EOR definitions.
- Open hole logging (pressure profile, saturation, porosity, …).
- Cased hole logging (CBL, saturation monitoring, …).
- 4D Seismic.
- Field case.
Risks & uncertainties 0.5 day
- Introduction to risks and uncertainties:
- Notions of probability and decision trees.
- Statistical description of data.
- Geophysical uncertainties.
- Geological uncertainties.
- Reservoir uncertainties.
- Notions of geostatistics and stochastic modeling.
- Uncertainty assessment techniques.
Reservoir field case workshop 1 day
- Reservoir exploration through drilling and seismic profiles.
- Reservoir characterization by PVT and logs.
- Reservoir development (number of wells, location, …) and profile prediction.
- Final investment decision based on economy study.