2 days EAV/SRP
- Staff from refining and petrochemistry involved in production, planning, procurement, marketing, management control and investment.
- This course provides a complete review of the main refining and petrochemical specificities, as well as the identification of the possible synergies. It highlight the economic gains achievable from refining-petrochemicals integration.
- Upon completion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- describe the main specificities of the refining and petrochemical sectors,
- identify the possible synergies between refining and petrochemistry,
- explain the economic challenges and the main factors of these sectors’ profitability,
- analyze the effects of these synergies.
- Basic knowlegde of refining and petrochemical unit operations.
- Basic notions of Microsoft Excel.
Ways and means
- Quiz, examples.
- Case studies and exercises in team work.
TECHNICAL REVIEW OF REFINING & PETROCHEMISTRY 0.5 day
- Main petroleum and petrochemical products: key product specifications review.
- Refining and petrochemical schemes.
- HSE specifications: refining (H2S, etc.), petrochemicals (product instability, etc.).
SYNERGIES BETWEEN REFINING & PETROCHEMISTRY 1 day
- Utility exchanges: H2, gas, fuel.
- Supply: ethane, LPG, naphtha, atmospheric gasoil, vacuum distillate.
- Product exchanges: pyrolysis gasoline, olefins.
- Common treatment of the C4 cuts: BTX (Benzene-Toluene-Xylene) extraction.
- Pooling services.
REFINING & PETROCHEMICALS ECONOMICS 0.5 day
- Refining and petrochemical margins and costs.
- Location and unit severities effects.
- Gains due to synergies.
- Case study: economics of a refinery, of a steam cracker and of the integration of both (with some synergies).