5 days MTE/EECV-E
- Engineers and technical staff involved in the operation, inspection and maintenance of reciprocating compressors.
- This training improves participants’ skills on technology, operation & maintenance of reciprocating compressors.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- list the different parts of a compressor and explain their characteristics,
- explain the evolution of compressor operating parameters,
- implement appropriate monitoring for each type of compressor,
- be involved in troubleshooting activities.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Actual examples from the Oil & gas and petrochemical industries.
- Trainee participation is continuously encouraged through case studies selected by the lecturer or proposed by the trainees.
- Using a dynamic process simulator to illustrate phases of start-up, shutdown, including some generated disturbances.
TECHNOLOGY 1.5 days
- Construction and design philosophies.
- Components of reciprocating compressors: frame, cylinders, piston and rings, piston rod and crank head, crankshaft and connecting rods, bearings, compartment distance piece, specific emphasis on valves.
- Auxiliary systems: pulsation dampeners, crankshaft and cylinders lubrication, and cooling systems, safety devices.
PERFORMANCES 1 day
- Ideal gas compression: discharge temperature, power.
- Actual compression: valve behavior, leakages, internal thermal exchanges.
- Indicator diagram.
- Efficiency, compression power.
- Case studies: discharge temperature and power calculation, indicator card plotting, efficiency calculation.
COMPRESSOR PROCESS OPERATION 0.5 day
- Start-up, shutdown. Performances control.
- Influence of: compression ratio, gas composition, suction temperature. Multistage compressors: behavior.
- Case study: air compression.
MAINTENANCE & TROUBLESHOOTING 1 day
- General aspects: noise, vibration, temperature; monitoring.
- Typical defects and failures on: valves, piston rings and packings, piston rod, etc.
- Dismantling and assembly procedures and reports.
- Case studies: typical failures encountered in reciprocating compressors.
DYNAMIC SIMULATOR (IndissPlus by RSI) APPLICATIONS 1 day
- Use of a dynamic process simulator.
- Exercises on start-up & shutdown phases.
- Applications using disturbances generated by the lecturer.
2017 course calendar
|Mar 28 - 31||Martigues||€2,010||Online||By email|