5 days RPC/RECENT
- Engineers, process or technical staff interested in recent developments in oil refining technologies.
- To provide an up-to-date information on present and future trends processes of oil refining.
- To get a broad vision of future from technical, safety and environmental constraints for the refining industry.
- To deepen knowledge of recent developments in oil refining processes.
- To learn how the latest breakthroughs can help meet the new challenges.
Ways and means
- Each single topic is covered by a world-class expert in the field.
The participation of many experts from IFP Energies nouvelles, Axens and Technip requires organizing the training session in IFP Training facilities near Paris - France.
REFINERY PRODUCTS AND PROCESS EVOLUTION OUTLOOK FOR 2020 0.5 day
- Recent trends and new constraints reshaping the environment of the refining activity on various regions around the world.
- Quality requirements and desulfurization.
- New and future regulations concerning emissions: SOx, CO2, NOx, COV's.
- Evolution of the refining process flow diagram: hydrogen addition or carbon removal, trends to petrochemical tendencies.
ATMOSPHERIC AND VACUUM DISTILLATION: NEW CONCEPTS 0.25 day
- Progressive distillation, concept and example.
- Heat recovery optimization and energy consumption.
- Modern internals for crude oil distillation column.
- Efficient and low energy consumption vacuum equipment.
CATALYTIC REFORMING AND ISOMERIZATION 0.5 day
- Fixed bed reforming debottlenecking options.
- Continuous catalytic reforming: concept, comparison with “semi reg” units.
- Benzene separation, paraxylene production and purification.
- Advanced isomerization technology for recycling paraffins.
- New breakthroughs in catalytic fields.
FCC: MORE PROPYLENE OR MORE LCO 0.75 day
- Feed injection and temperature control of the mixture.
- Riser termination devices and catalyst separation. Post riser quench.
- Stripping technology.
- Regeneration and catalyst coolers.
- Propylene yield enhancement.
- Reduction of SOx and NOx emissions.
GASOLINE AND SULFUR REDUCTION STRATEGIES 0.5 day
- Sulfur distribution in FCC gasoline and selective HDS.
- Alternate sources of gasoline:
- light olefins oligomerization
- new trends in alkylation.
ULTRA - LOW SULFUR DIESEL PRODUCTION AND VGO DEEP HYDROTREATMENT 0.5 day
- New generation catalysts and their performance.
- Diesel hydrotreater units: investigation of new and existing means of achieving ULSD.
- FCC feed pretreatment.
HYDROCRACKING FOR VACUUM DISTILLATES AND RESIDUES 0.75 day
- High pressure hydrocracking, mild hydrocracking.
- Recent technologies: catalysts, energy recovery, fractionation.
- Various technologies available: fixed bed, ebullient bed, moving bed.
HYDROGEN BALANCE 0.25 day
- Routes for hydrogen production (steam methane reforming, partial oxidation).
- Management of hydrogen network and optimization.
THERMAL CONVERSION OF RESIDUES 0.5 day
- Renewal of an old process: delayed coker and residue destruction.
- Purification of the products and hydrogen consumption.
- Integration into the framework of crude upgrading.
CRITICITY OF SULFUR UNITS 0.5 day
- Sulfur plants: efficiency of different arrangements, reliability in the refining operation, solid sulfur production.
- Tail gas treatments: comparison of different processes and performances.