5 days PL/PROMISE
- Anyone having already Project knowledge and requiring developing abilities to manage an Oil & Gas project, applying the best practices in project management by playing various roles in a project management team such as project managers, planning managers, cost control managers, engineering managers, construction managers.
- PROMISE™ will be an experience accelerator for hard-skills as well as soft-skills.
- Real-life problems, along with the most largely used project management techniques, have been carefully selected so that trainees can interact within the scenarii and assess the impact of their decisions on the project.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- organize a project in various working environments such as head office, worksite, etc.,
- manage various types of events: contractual issues, delays and/or non-conformities, HSE incidents, until project close out,
- use various project control tools: progress control, cost control, contracting strategies,
- To find the best KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) and monitor their decisions.
- This course, even if stand-alone course, is better done after course E-700 Project Management as a pre-requisite.
Ways and means
- All presented events will carry an introduction and a debriefing session.
- Selection of events may be decided depending on the expectations of the group.
- Trainees will be evaluated in each aspect of project management (schedule, cost, HSE, quality and team management) through Key Performance Indicators.
INTRODUCTION 0.5 day
- Overview of project management applied to the Oil & Gas industry.
- Pre-requisites to use the simulator throughout the week.
PROJECT PREPARATION 0.5 day
- EPC tenders evaluation.
- Postponement of EPC award date.
PROJECT MOBILIZATION 0.5 day
- Project staffing.
- Project offices organization (company, contractor).
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION WITH TYPICAL EVENTS 3.5 days
- Schedule review.
- Look ahead schedule preparation.
- Engineering strategy.
- Purchasing strategy.
- Construction contracting strategy.
- Risks management plan.
- Engineering disciplines manhours.
- Initial budget issues.
- Preparation of monthly progress report 30%.
- Vendor selection for main equipment.
- Construction contractors selection (mechanical).
- Preparation of monthly progress report 50%.
- Increase in piping quantities.
- Delay in civil work.
- TEG Skid delivery delay.
- Company comments on civil works.
- Preparation of monthly progress report 80%.
- Delay in isometrics issues.
- HSE LTI.
- Claim mechanical contractor.
- Repair of major equipment following damage.
- Hand over.
- General debriefing.