5 days PL/PROJGB
- This course is intended for anyone who has some project or production knowledge and requires a clear and comprehensive understanding of project management practices for exploration and production projects.
- This course explains how large E&P projects are managed from initial stage to completion. It provides a thorough understanding of their main execution phases (“what to do and when”) and management techniques (“how to”).
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- conduct the preliminary stages of the project: conceptual and feasibility studies, economic evaluation, FEED,
- enforce project control processes to meet scope, cost and schedule objectives,
- strengthen HSE in project design and construction,
- select the right type of technical contract,
- manage pre construction phases: mainly basic engineering and call for tenders,
- manage construction phases: engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Basic knowledge of petroleum industry.
Ways and means
- The course is illustrated with numerous examples taken from Exploration & Production projects.
A project case study is used throughout the course to illustrate each main chapter.
Duration including competencies assessment duration.
E&P CHAIN VALUE MANAGEMENT 0.5 day
- Project evaluation and choices throughout the exploration and production value chain.
INTEGRATION & SCOPE MANAGEMENT 0.5 day
- Preliminary, conceptual and pre-proejct studies and their deliverables.
- EPC phase objectives and project execution plan.
- Local content and sustainable development.
TECHNICAL CONTRACTS 0.5 day
- Contracting strategy (project breakdown into contracts).
- Types and comparison of technical contracts.
- Endorsements and assignments.
- Tendering process.
PROJECT ORGANIZATION 0.5 day
- Interface management.
- Management of human resources, organization charts, Project Manager’s role.
- Stakeholder management.
- Communication management.
HSE & QUALITY MANAGEMENT 1 day
- HSE: tools and techniques for safety and environment design, project reviews, safety concept and safety dossier, HSE during construction phase, HSE indicators.
- Quality: assurance, control and surveillance management.
- Risks: tools, techniques, dossiers.
PROJECT CONTROL: COSTs & SCHEDULE 1 day
- Planning and scheduling: schedule elaboration, progress control, recovery plan.
- Costs: estimation of facilities expenditures, budget elaboration, cost control, reporting.
OIL & GAS PROJECT PHASES 1 day
- Detailed engineering: work packages, main deliverables, project reviews, documentation control, changes.
- Procurement: activities (purchasing, expediting, inspection, shipping), long lead items, company supplied items, material control systems.
- Construction/Fabrication challenges, contractors and resources, (sub) contract types.
- Construction at site: execution plan, construction methods (temporary construction facilities, prefabrication, modularization, delivery, erection), interface with commissioning.
- Fabrication at yards: load-out, transport and installation.
- Completion activities: methodology, sequence, completion dossiers, commissioning systems, hand-over and acceptance of the facilities.
- Project close out and management of collective knowledge.