5 days PGP/MRSMPROJ
- Owners and Engineering Contractors: managers, engineers and supervisors in charge of medium-size and revamping projects in refineries, petrochemical and chemicals plants.
- Specific features of medium-size (10 million to 1 billion €) and revamping projects implemented in operating facilities.
- Execute FEED (justification, feasibility study, Basic Engineering activities, project approval).
- Plan, then control the project execution (Detail Engineering, Procurement, Construction).
Ways and means
- Numerous examples taken from actual refining/chemical projects.
- A case study is used throughout the course to study all stages of the project, with exercises for participants.
- Interactive games and quizzes to verify knowledge acquisition.
Course consistent with the PMI standards and the 5th edition of the PMBOK. PDUs: 30
Project initiation 0.5 day
- Overview of plants and projects types, project stage-gate process, specific aspects of projects within existing facilities.
- Project initiation: technical studies (comparison and selection of alternates, value engineering), project team organization.
- Technical deliverables, preliminary planning: schedule, CAPEX estimate, project justification, Project Execution Plan.
Basic Engineering (FEED) 0.5 day
- Project team organization (Owner and Engineering Contractor), FEED management, execution sequence, deliverables, process licensors packages, EPC stage schedule, CAPEX estimate, Project Execution Plan update. FEED contract types.
Contracting 0.5 day
- Contracting strategy, EPC contract types and comparison, EPC contract bid preparation and evaluation.
EPC project organization & execution, engineering and procurement 1 day
- Organization of Owner & of EPC contractor, project management skills, EPC stage objectives & project execution plan update.
- Detail Engineering management: main deliverables, project reviews, control of detail engineering, interface management.
- Procurement strategy, specific aspects for projects in existing facilities, procurement of Long Lead Items, procurement management organization & execution (purchasing, expediting, inspection, shipping), control of procurement.
HSE - Quality and Risk management 0.5 day
- HSE management: tools & techniques for HSE design, project reviews, safety dossier.
- Quality management: quality plan, quality control, quality surveillance.
- Risk Management: HSE risk mitigation, cost and schedule risk, available software tools, risk management plan approval.
Project control (cost/schedule, cost and progress control) 1 day
- Project control process. Schedule elaboration, progress curves, critical path, software. Progress control. Recovery plan.
- Specific aspects of Revamping projects (shutdown considerations, scheduling of shutdown works).
- Cost estimate and control principles, initial budget elaboration, cost estimation techniques, contingency plans.
Construction - Commissioning - Start-up 1 day
- Construction/fabrication challenges, contractors & resources, subcontract types, construction & fabrication strategy. Construction at site: construction execution plan and management, HSE management, schedule, progress control, quality management. Pre-fabrication. Specifics for revamping projects: construction challenges, construction work safety control, shut-downs time minimization, pre-shutdown and shut-down works preparation & control.
- Completion activities definition, methodology, sequence and completion dossiers.
- Commissioning systems, contractual organization, management of punch-list items, specifics for revamping projects.
2016 course calendar
|Sep 19 - 23||Rueil||€2,810||Online||By email|