10 days PGP/PROCONT
- Anyone requiring a comprehensive understanding of large Oil & Gas upstream project control techniques.
- Project control specialists to be trained for the position of project control manager or positions in project control entities.
- Project managers or project engineers willing to get a broad understanding of the increasingly complicated project control challenges.
- To present the constraints, challenges and methods to be put in place in large oil & gas projects.
- To understand Project Control tools and issues when running a large Oil & Gas Project.
- To acquire a sound knowledge of all non-technical matters responsible of project success: each of these is reviewed thoroughly by specialists.
Ways and means
- The course is illustrated by numerous examples taken from actual Refining/Chemicals projects.
Upon request, trainees not willing to follow the whole course may attend some modules only.
General project organization and control 2 days
- Overall framework, background, stakeholders and objectives.
- Industry players: engineering, construction, main suppliers.
- Project organization.
- Human resources: mobilization, job descriptions, outsourcing.
- Intercultural issues and communication.
- Delegation of authorities, ethical issues.
- Local content and permitting.
Contracts and procurement 3 days
- Contracting strategy.
- EPC contract content and core articles, exhibits.
- Call for tender procedures.
- Contract administration.
- Management of change orders, of claims.
- Procurement, expediting, stock management, transportation, customs.
- Legal issues.
- Insurance issues.
Planning and scheduling 1.5 days
- Methods and tools.
- Baseline project planning.
- Progress measurement and reviews.
- Recovery plan.
Cost estimating and control 1.5 days
- Cost estimating, initial budget.
- Market intelligence.
- Budget (WBS, commitments, forecasts, AFE, currency hedging, etc.).
- Accounting (invoicing, cash calls, SAP/Salsa, etc.).
Risk management 0.5 day
- Method and tools.
- Risk management plan, study cases.
Quality assurance, quality control 0.5 day
- QA, project quality plan.
- Audits and reviews.
- Quality control.
Information management 1 day
- Document control, circulation and comments of engineering documents.
- Specifications, derogations, queries.
- Interface management.
- Management of change.
- IT issues.