14 days PL/PCCGB
- This course is aimed at professionals who have already occupied a position within a project task force and need to understand the basics of the project control process.
- This certification provides a comprehensive overview and practical knowledge of the tools and techniques needed to control a project, specifiying the the scope and the position of the project control manager in the organization of a project.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- specify the scope and interfaces of the project control function,
- improve the communication among project actors,
- master project control information: collection, process, report,
- learn the different methods and tools related to project control,
- identify the areas of concern and propose a corrective action plan,
- grasp the increasingly challenging contractual relations involved in an Oil & Gas project,
- apply proven methods to solve the issues and put successfully a project in the right contractual framework.
- Basic knowledge of the project control process.
Ways and means
- The course is illustrated by numerous examples and exercises taken from actual exploration & production projects.
All the modules are independent and may be taken separately. However, all modules most be taken to be eligible for certification. Duration including competencies assessment duration.
Module 1: DEVELOPING PROJECT CONTROL TECHNIQUES (cf. E-741) 4.75 days
- Project control framework
- Value analysis and risks
- Performance assessment round-up, procurement and changes
Module 2: CONTRACTS AND PROCUREMENT (cf. E-742) 4.75 days
- Contracting strategy
- Call for tender procedures
- EPC contract content and core articles, exhibits
- EPC contract, liability and insurance
- Procurement, expediting, stock management, transportation, customs
- Contract administration
Module 3: NEGOTIATION SKILLS (cf. E-743) 3.75 days
- Generalities. Principles and methodology
- Methodology. Project specific
- Simulation 1
- Arguments, search for compromise
- Simulation 2
- Claim management or Influence games and group dynamics
- Simulation 3
- Influence games and group dynamics
- Simulation 4
EVALUATION each week 0.25 day