58 days FOPS/PRODSI
- Professionals with a significant experience in oil and gas surface production who are called on to hold position of production superintendents.
- This course provides the in-depth technical knowledge of Oil & Gas processing operations, along with the managerial and communication skills, for qualifying to hold the position of production superintendents.
The required high-level knowledge stretches over a wide range of issues in relation to reservoir, corrosion, inspection, maintenance, well performance, flow assurance, …
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- describe the overall production process, from reservoir to offloading facilities,
- explain available tools and techniques for well performance enhancement and production optimization,
- explain state-of-the-art Oil & Gas production techniques,
- describe HSE management rules and responsibilities,
- acquire world class work methods and communication skills,
- anticipate anomalous events and react effectively to avoid production loss.
- Significant experience in Oil & Gas surface production.
Ways and means
- Several applications and illustrations.
- Intensive teamwork.
- Use of dynamic training simulations.
- Practical sessions with equipment in a workshop.
Downhole production - Well performance 4 days
- Units. Dimensions
- Fundamentals of reservoir engineering. Well testing
- Fundamentals of drilling, completion and well servicing
- Artificial lift (pumping, gas lift...) and well performance
Oil, water & gas processing 10 days
- Effluent behavior. Fundamentals of thermodynamics. Specifications
- Oil processing
- Production and Injection water treatment
- Gas processing
- Work on Study cases to detail processes and concerns
HSE risks & management 17.5 days
- HSE risks, flammability, overpressure systems: PSV, flare and flare network, closed and open drains...
- Safety in operation: use of utilities, degassing / inerting, confined space entry, start-up & shutdown
- Safety during construction and maintenance works: lifting & rigging, work at height, electrical safety…
- Work permit system. SIMultaneous OPerations (SIMOPS) management…
- HSE management systems. Management of change. Downgraded situations. HSE referential & responsibilities
- Safety engineering: HAZID, HAZOP, layout optimization and identification of major accidents. Risks matrix…
- Safety systems: HIPS, ESD, EDP, F&G, USS. Safety logic diagrams
- Human factors. Opersafe: philosophy and methodology
- Incident analysis and reporting. Root cause analysis
- Environmental and societal aspects
Instrumentation & process control - Electricity 5 days
- Instrumentation & Process Control. Distributed Control System (DCS). Electricity
Rotating machinery 5 days
- Rotating machinery: pumps, compressors, turbo-expanders and gas turbines
Corrosion, inspection & integrity 3 days
- Metallurgy. Corrosion. Inspection. Facility integrity management
Multidisciplinary conferences 3.5 days
- Terminal and FSO / FPSO
- Deep offshore: development challenges and specific operating constraints
- Flow assurance. Chemicals injection monitoring. Deposit prevention and monitoring
- Field Operations Management (FOM): objectives and methodology
Dynamic training simulator 5 days
- Unit troubleshooting. Practice on dynamic training simulator
- Team work management
Work methods & communication 2 days
- Work methods and team management
- Written and oral communication
Revisions - Oral assessment 3 days