3 days RPC/PETRO-E
- Professionals in the oil or petrochemicals industry interested in olefins and aromatics.
- Specifically for engineers and technical staff who are beginners in this industry, as well as subcontractors, traders, etc.
- To provide a technical overview of the main processes used to produce olefins and aromatics.
- To list the sources and outlets of olefinic and aromatic compounds.
- To review the manufacturing processes in the petrochemicals industry.
- To grasp the contours of the petrochemicals industry's economic framework.
Ways and means
- Detailed course material.
- Pictures of main equipment.
- Presentation of samples of different polymers from plants.
- Presentation of end uses application samples.
Sources, outlets and main industrial uses of olefinic and aromatic intermediaries 0.25 day
- Main production processes: steam cracking, catalytic reforming, fluid catalytic cracking.
- Outlets and main uses of:
- olefinic and diolefinic hydrocarbons: ethylene, propylene, butenes, butadiene
- aromatics hydrocarbons: benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylenes.
Steam cracking and treatment of the cuts produced 1.75 days
- Analysis of the steam cracking process of hydrocarbon feedstocks.
- Implementation: furnaces, quench systems, primary separation.
- Yields. Operating variables affecting the severity of treatment. Influence of the feedstock nature.
- Compression and purification of the cracked gases
- Implementation of compression.
- H2S and CO2 removal by caustic washing.
- Gas drying by adsorption.
- Cooling: propylene and ethylene chilling cycles, cold box.
- Separation and treatment of steam cracker effluents
- Steam cracker effluent separation train, main characteristics of the cuts produced.
- Specific impurities and particular constraints; acetylene removal from the C2 cut, selective hydrogenation of MAC and propadiene in the C3 cut.
- Treatment of the C4 cut, 1,3- butadiene, isobutene and 1- butene recovery.
- Upgrading of pyrolysis gasoline production of motor fuels, benzene and other aromatics recovery.
Production of aromatics 0.5 day
- Catalytic reforming and BTX production
- Analysis of the process, the catalyst, yields, operating variables.
- Characteristics of BTX reformate. Influence of the nature and cut points of the feeds.
- Aromatics and non-aromatics separation processes: liquid-liquid extraction, extractive distillation.
- Associated processes: hydrodealkylation, isomerization.
- Aromatics separation processes: distillation, adsorption, crystallization, application to paraxylene.
- Styrene production: benzene alkylation, ethylbenzene dehydrogenation; manufacturing conditions.
Catalytic cracking FCC 0.25 day
- Analysis of FCC process.
- Nature of the feed stock and impact on olefins production.
- Implementation of the catalyst &principle of reactor & regenerator set.
- Composition & treatment of cracked gases.
- Modification of the process for maximization of light cuts C3 & C4 production.
Polyolefins processes 0.25 day
- Polymerization techniques: bulk, solution, suspension in organic phase, in aqueous phase, …
- Different polyethylenes (PEBD, PEHD,PEBDL), examples of processes.
- Examples of polypropylenes processes.
- Production principle of others polymers (PVC, standard & impact Polystyrenes, Polybutadiene, PVDF, acrylic polymers, …).