5 days RES/LPEMR
- Production, reservoir or workover engineers, field production managers, and supervisors.
- Knowledge of PLT calibrations, holdups measurements and flow-rates calculations is recommended.
- This course provides a practical understanding of production log interpretation in vertical, deviated or horizontal wells using a dedicated software.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- carry out a basic interpretation of PLT data using the software program Emeraude™,
- describe the interpretation technique for horizontal wells,
- practice on multi-probe analysis with data gathered from Multi Array Production sondes and Flow Scan Imager.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Hands-on sessions with use of production log interpretation software Emeraude™ of KAPPA Engineering.
Basic features & software practice 1 day
- Basic features applied to a 2-phase gas oil well example.
- Software presentation: well data, well sketch, features and layouts.
- Zones definitions: reservoirs, perforations, calibrations, inflow, calculations of rates.
PL interpretation of diphasic flows 1 day
- Handle diphasic flow in deviated well, with shut-in and production surveys.
- Practice on spinner reversals.
- Integrate PVT data and determine production rates per zone & cumulative rate.
- Apply all previous practices on field example with 3-phase flow.
Horizontal wells 1 day
- Handle data from horizontal wells logged with Flow Scan Imager & Probe Flow Caliper Sonde with 3-phase flow and shut-in & production surveys.
- Obtain average values of velocity & holdups through process of passes from flowing survey.
- Perform full PL interpretation with previous inputs.
PL interpretation with multiple probes tools 1 day
- Interpret data set from multiple probe tools in case of deviated well, with Emeraude™ software, with logs acquired with spinner array, capacitance array, resistivity arrays tools in a 3 phase flow well.
- Data QC.
Single phase gas well 1 day
- Interpretation of temperature log with Emeraude™ segmented and energy equation models.
- Case of apparent downflow & selected inflow performance.