3 days PROD/BALSH
- Managers, engineers, non-technical staff involved in production reporting or material-balance handling (assessing fee, value created, etc.).
- This course provides the fundamental knowledge for understanding production balance, linking relevant operations and production figures which impact issues such as transfer fee, exchange between fields, field use, …
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- establish production balance from basic data (well tests, process measurements, fiscal data),
- explain performance monitoring mechanisms and production reporting tools,
- assess impact of field operations on material balances,
- describe accounting and back allocation rules specific to process or production mode.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Highly interactive and applied course by industry specialist lecturers.
- Numerous illustrations and cases studies.
The production chain from the reservoir to the export point 0.5 day
- Field operations mapping.
- Nature and characteristics of fluids accounted for.
- Field processing of well effluent: surface facilities.
- BFD studies.
Measures & metering systems along the chain 0.5 day
- Well measurements and production tests.
- Metering systems and their location in the plant:
- Technology, accuracy, calibration.
- “Filter” concept of a metering system.
- Process metering.
- Transactional metering.
- Tank gauging.
Liquid & gas balances 1.25 days
- Production accounting rules.
- PFD studies of Oil & Gas treatment units.
- Liquid balances: Oil balance, Condensate balance, LPG balance, Water balance.
- Gas balances: Dry gas and Wet gas field cases.
- Case studies:
- Study of oil and condensate balances.
- Reconstruction of a natural gas and associated gas balance (Oil & Gas cap ring).
Performance monitoring & production reporting 0.25 day
Case study & production balances reconstruction: back allocation, satellite fields, main production centers 0.5 day