3 days MOT/ACMOT-E
- Engineers and technical staff from engine design or testing involved in vibration physics on noise aspect as well as mechanical behavior.
- To understand the nature and origin of noises and vibrations generated in the powertrains and the measurement and analysis methods used in the vibro-acoustic field. To identify phenomena at the origin of noise: internal sources, the dynamic behavior of the structure and the acoustic radiation of the outer casing of the powertrain. To implement technical solutions to reduce noise and vibration.
- To know the parameters used to characterize noise and vibrations.
- To understand vibrating systems behaviors and control parameters.
- To know the signal processing instruments and methods.
- To know experimental techniques.
- To identify the acoustic signature of the powertrain’s (PT) main sources.
- To be able to interpret the sonograms corresponding to the main vibration sources of the powertrain.
- To be able to carry out a validation test on vibration for engine-related parts.
- IC engine fundamentals.
Ways and means
- Real and concrete examples of powertrain vibro-acoustic problems discussed by experts from the automotive world. Real and concrete solutions implemented in the industry.
Acoustic and vibrations in the industrial world 0.25 day
- Acoustics: pressure, intensity, sound power; levels expressed in decibels, sound level structure; sound velocity.
- Time and space variations of waves, plane and spherical waves, propagation law. Human ear, hearing properties, ear sensitivity, A-weighting decibel levels. Vibration parameters analysis: acceleration, velocity, displacement.
- Free or forced response ringing oscillator, free-running frequency, role of damping.
Signal analysis instruments and methods 0.5 day
- Signals classification and processing; fast Fourier transformation (FFT): sampling, weigh time space, spectrum.
- Time analysis, spectral analysis, white noise, pink noise, order analysis.
- Tri-dimensional representations, sonograms, time-frequency representations.
- Acoustic phenomena measure instruments: microphones, displacement sensors, acceleration sensors, acoustic imaging, anechoic bench.
- Modal analysis (experimentations): vibration mode of a metal plate; structure response to a dynamic stress (loudspeaker, vibrator, unbalanced electric engine); deformation display with a stroboscope.
Powertrain noise vibration and harshness 0.75 day
- Powertrain dynamic behavior: internal forces of inertia and combustion, effect of parts deformation, deformation of powertrain structures, finite element modeling, main modes of resonance.
- Powertrain acoustic radiation. Radiating envelopes. Excitations sources. Acoustic power. Powertrains vibration transfers. Structures and effects of housings of powertrain.
- Efforts of inertia: single-cylinder, three and four cylinder in-line engines dynamics; use of balancer shafts; composition of the combustion and inertia efforts; effect of dual mass flywheel (DMA).
- Combustion noise: cylinder pressure, dynamic pressure, spectral analysis of the cylinder pressure; technologies impact on the combustion noise; transfer and spread of combustion noise; measurement of combustion noise; combustion noise in transient operation.
Powertrain main noises and vibrations 0.75 day
- Injection systems: technical description of the systems, acoustic phenomena related to the operation of the system, mechanisms of noise generation in medium and high frequency, fluid-structure interaction, effect of dispersion and drift, analysis of the measured signals.
- Piston slap: play liaison of the moving parts, piston slap, noise analysis.
- Sounds training distribution: the whining, scraping, rubbing belt, role of the housings; origins and solutions.
- Whistle of the turbocharger: meow, sound of wind and sound of discharge; origins and solutions.
- Noise of gearboxes: whining, hoarse sound; origins and solutions.
- Aerodynamic noise: noise related to filling air and exhaust.
Acoustic signatures of the powertrain (PT) main sources 0.25 day
- Acoustic and vibratory process during design: reduction at source or vibration filtration.
- PT primary and secondary sources, glossary of the engine’s main sources.
- Examples of acoustic signatures (analysis from sonograms): diesel injector, supercharger, timing, belt-driven accessories, gearbox, starter, intake noise.
- Demonstrator: analysis of the noise sources of an electrically-driven thermal engine model; spectral analysis during a speed increase, interpretation.
Parts mechanical resistance to vibrations 0.5 day
- Validation of engine parts with all the vibration types: identifying the frequencies and the rates of generation of overvoltage and resonances, quantification of vibratory levels during acceleration and displacement, determining the endurance conditions and durations.
- Examples: validation of an intake P/T sensor, of an oil gauge guide, of an oil turbo pipe.
2016 course calendar
|Sep 27 - 29||Rueil||€1,890||Online||By email|