5 days RES/GEOSTAT
- Geologists, geophysicists, reservoir engineers and professionals involved in data interpretation and management.
- This course provides a comprehensive and practical knowledge of reservoir characterization and modeling, focusing on geostatistical methods and tools.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- use basic geostatistical tools and methods (variograms, kriging, cokriging, external drift),
- use vertical proportion curves (e.g. layering, well gridding, statistics, vertical proportion curves building),
- constrain geostatistical distribution using additional information (e.g. geology, seismic and dynamic data).
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Interactive lectures, practical examples and laboratory exercises will be performed using dedicated software.
Fundamentals of geostatistics 1.5 days
- Basic statistics for data analysis.
- Introduction to geostatistics.
- Quantification of spatial variability: variogram.
Kriging & variations 1 day
- Introduction to kriging.
- Data integration: cokriging, collocated cokriging, external drift kriging.
Mapping 0.5 day
- Applications to time-to-depth conversion.
- Property mapping.
- Dealing with non-stationary cases (trends).
Geostatistical simulations 2 days
- Why simulations: limitations of kriging.
- Simulation methods for continuous parameters (as Phi and K).
- Simulation methods for categorical variables (lithology).
- Risk assessment optimization.