100 days PROD/PETROLENG
- Engineers (particularly recently graduated engineers or engineers in conversion) looking to acquire in-depth knowledge and best practices of oil and gas production.
- This course provides in-depth technical knowledge of Oil & Gas production in order to hold rapidly, and very effectively, the position of field engineer, design engineer, or project engineer.
- Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- grasp fundamentals of reservoir engineering and drilling,
- explain well completion and servicing, well performance and artificial lift,
- understand fundamental concepts underlying Oil & Gas processing,
- understand in detail operating conditions and basic design of oil, water and gas treatment,
- describe technology of static equipment and rotating machinery used in production facilities,
- explain offshore development techniques and flow assurance issues,
- identify main risks related to Oil & Gas production operations and review safety engineering best practices,
- contribute to the dynamics of field development projects studies.
- Engineering degree or equivalent professional experience within the petroleum industry.
Ways and means
- Highly interactive training with industry specialist lecturers.
- Multiple teamwork sessions and industrial case studies.
- Numerous process simulation exercises using PROII™ software.
INTRODUCTION TO PETROLEUM GEOPHYSICS 5 days
- Elements & processus of reservoirs. Diagraphy analysis. Seismic acquisition, processing, imaging and interpretation. Prospects evaluation
RESERVOIRS CHARACTERIZATION 5 days
- Architecture of the reservoirs. Petrophysic / properties of the rocks. Reservoirs' heterogeneities
DRIVE MECHANISM - ENHANCED OIL RECOVERY 5 days
- Reservoir engineering workflow. Drive mechanism. Enhanced oil recovery
DRILLING FUNDAMENTALS 5 days
- Drilling operations. Architecture of the well & completion
WELL PRODUCTIVITY & RESERVOIR - WELLBORE INTERFACE 5 days
- Well productivity. Reservoir wellbore interface implementation
ARTIFICIAL LIFT & WELL INTERVENTION FUNDAMENTALS 5 days
- Artificial lift: gas lift, ESP. Types and means of intervention on producing wells. General procedure of a workover. Case study
WELL CONTROL 5 days
- Introduction to well control methods. Equipment. Wireline, coiled tubing, snubbing
- IWCF Certification: Well Intervention Pressure Control
THERMODYNAMICS APPLIED TO WELL EFFLUENT PROCESSING 5 days
- Well effluent. Gas compression and expansion. Liquid-vapor equilibrium of pure components and mixtures. Mixture separation
OIL & WATER TREATMENT 5 days
- Crude oil treatment: stabilization, dehydration, sweetening. Reject and injection water treatment
GAS PROCESSING & CONDITIONING 5 days
- Gas processing: dehydration, sweetening, NGL recovery. Fundamentals of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Chain
STATIC EQUIPMENT & SCHEMATIZATION 5 days
- Piping & valves. Storage equipment. Thermal equipment. Flow assurance. Schematization
ELECTRICITY & INSTRUMENTATION 5 days
- Electrical power generation and distribution network. Instrumentation and process control. Safety instrumented systems
METERING - MATERIAL BALANCE - ALLOCATION 5 days
- Data treatment. Transactional metering of liquids and gases. Multi-phase metering
- Liquid & gas material balances. Production reporting
ROTATING MACHINERY 5 days
- Centrifugal and positive displacement pumps. Centrifugal and Reciprocating Compressors. Turbo-expanders. Gas turbines
OFFSHORE FIELD DEVELOPMENT - FLOW ASSURANCE 5 days
- Offshore development architecture. Technology & deep offshore specificities. Pipelines. Flow assurance issues
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT IN SURFACE PROCESSING FACILITIES 5 days
- Hazards and risks in production operations. Safety in production operations and during construction or maintenance works. HSE management
SAFETY ENGINEERING 5 days
- HAZID application, HAZOP exercise, plant layout exercise. QRA and Consequence analysis methodology. SIS and relief systems design
PETROLEUM ECONOMICS & PROJECT MANAGEMENT 5 days
- Fundamentals of contracts. Project profitability evaluation. Risk analysis of Exploration & Production projects. Project cost estimation and cost control
FIELD DEVELOPMENT PROJECT - JURY 10 days