4 days EIM/SACPE-E
- Engineers or technical staff involved in the inspection or maintenance of equipment and structures with paintings and coatings issues.
- To provide the fundamentals of anticorrosion painting systems and quality control.
- To identify the main types of industrial painting.
- To choose the most efficient painting system.
- To supervise and inspect efficiently contracted painting jobs.
Ways and means
- Learning process including case studies.
- Visit of a paint workshop or a control laboratory.
Characteristics and properties of paintings and coatings 1.25 days
- Paint constituents
- Binders and plastifiers, pigments, fillers, colorants, additives, solvents.
- Physical characteristics of paint
- Fluidity at different temperatures, % solids, lifetime, hardening, drying, safety problems; atmospheric conditions at time of application.
- Paint manufacture and recent developments.
- Different types of industrial paint
- Physically drying paints, oxidative paints, chemical polymerization paints, anticorrosion systems for aggressive environments.
- Advantages and disadvantages of the different types of paints.
- Paints for special environments (abrasive, high temperature, low temperature) and for different materials (stainless steel, galvanized steel, aluminum, concrete, etc.).
- Composition of a paint system (role of coats and compatibility).
Paint application in industry 1.5 days
- Preparation of surfaces
- Rust scales, roughness, surface profile, degree of care, preparation by organic solvents, preparation by high pressure water jetting, wire brushing, blast cleaning, sponge jet.
- Tests on samples, chemical conversion of surfaces (passivation, phosphating, chromating, oxalating, etc.).
- Main paintings parameters: use of brush, rollers, spraying, composition, surface tension, viscosity, temperature, solvent volatility, speed of jet leaving gun, type of jet and regulation, spray gun and equipment handling.
- Compressed air.
- Airless high pressure spraying (principle, installation, regulation, tests, etc.).
- Thermal spray aluminium.
Inspection, control and commissioning 1.25 days
- Paint defects, causes, control procedures
- Control of raw materials and finished products, application control, coating control.
- Causes of deterioration (chemical, mechanical, photochemical, biological, etc.).
- Prevention and repair techniques.
- Specifications and rules
- European standards, ISO, etc. and safety regulations : qualification of painting systems.
- Qualifications of painters.
- Inspection and control: tests performed on painted equipment and structures.
2016 course calendar
|Jun 07 - 10||Lyon||€1,860||Online||By email|