3 days FOPS/GASLIFTGB
- Control room operators and field operators involved in gas lift wells monitoring and operation.
- This course provides a comprehensive knowledge and know-how of gas lift wells operation. To identify and troubleshoot most common operations issues.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- explain eruptive and assisted well dynamics,
- identify gas potential available to ensure gas lift activation,
- describe downhole and surface equipment of gas lift wells,
- implement and monitor gas lift wells start-up sequence,
- operate and start-up gas lift wells,
- identify and troubleshoot gas lift wells instabilities.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Very interactive training by industry specialists.
- Numerous teamwork exercises on operation and troubleshooting.
Hydrostatics & well dynamics 0.75 day
- Pressure Gradient. Condition for eruptive well:
- Fundamentals of fluid flow. Pressure drop/skin effect.
- Wells activation method, stimulation/activation operating principle:
- Evolution of reservoir parameters.
- Common stimulation methods.
- Comparison and selection of activation methods.
Gas lift operating principle & associated equipment 0.75 day
- Gas lift principle:
- Pressure gradient evolution.
- Downhole equipment:
- Downhole equipment. Completion.
- Gas lift valve principle. Different types of valves.
- Surface equipment:
- Surface equipment.
- Metrology. Single/multiple wells operation (manual/automatic).
Gas lift well start-up method & sequence 0.75 day
- Sequential start-up of gas lift wells:
- Initial start (first start-up).
- Simple Start (after ESD shutdown).
- Start-up problems.
- Gas lift wells startup method:
- Open tubing startup sequence.
- Closed tubing startup sequence.
- Stabilization and tuning difficulties.
- Potential problems and associated solutions.
Pros & Cons of gas lift 0.25 day
Teamwork exercises - Troubleshooting operations 0.5 day