5 days IR/OMIEM
- Electrical and mechanical engineers and supervisors, technical staff involved in electrical motors maintenance and inspection.
- To provide technical development in terms of operation and routine maintenance of electric motors.
- To explain the operation and the main failure of electric motors.
- To list the diagnostic tools in operation.
- To participate in control and fixing operations .
- To describe main setting rules.
Ways and means
- Visit of a motor repair workshop .
- Motor disassembly & assembly in workshop.
Operation principle and technology 2 days
- Working principle of induction and synchronous motors .
- Features: power, current, torque and power factors .
- Technology .
- Protective modes in regards with external environments: temperature classes, protection class index, hazardous area motors, main "EEx" protection.
- Electrical and thermal protection of the motor as well as use of temperature sensors.
- API 541 asynchronous guidelines for refinery and petrochemical motors.
- Efficiency motor's standards IEC 60 034-30 / IEEE 112.
Variable speed features 1 day
- Power and HV/LV range, fields of use and typical applications.
- Power range and voltage HV/LV, and applications.
- Speed and motor control as well as network consequences.
- Synchronous motor: torque control and various technologies.
- Induction motor: standard starting methods depending on mechanical load, motor power and network capacity; limiting conditions due to the grid; number of start constraints.
- Electronic starting method (soft starter).
- Advantage for driven centrifugal machines.
Failure diagnosis in operation 0.5 day
- Bearings: temperature, vibration, lubrication monitoring.
- Mechanical failures: static eccentricity or rotating gap, vibration footprint.
- Impact of magnetic rotor umballancing and leak of current .
- Electric impairment of the rotor: noise and vibration analysis.
Control and repair techniques 1 day
- Bearings: bearing assembly, housing repair, clearance and concentricity control.
- Impact of frequency inverters and harmonics on electrical coils insulation and on the bearings.
- Coil insulation repairs: vacuum coils impregnation, technology and quality.
- Rewinding and positioning of the coils according to magnetic circuit's notches.
- Electrical controls (electrical resistance, insulation, polarization, ...).
- Balancing: standards and mechanical balancing quality, unload and load tests.
- Repair specification: specification content as well as receipt of material after work.
- Visit of a repair workshop.
Installation 0.5 day
- Skid and shim.
- Shaft alignment.
- Part identification in workshop.
- Electrical insulation and phases balancing control.