5 days HSE/OCCSAFGB
- Safety Officers, HSE Supervisors, Offshore Installation Managers, Field Managers.
- This course provides a thorough understanding of expectations and mandatory requirements regarding occupational safety.
- To give insight regarding operational implementation of a safe workplace within Oil & Gas facilities.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- deepen knowledge of codes and regulations relative to occupational health & safety,
- evaluate health & safety performance indicators,
- asses an activity in order to promote a safe workplace,
- audit health and safety elements in a workplace.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Several applications and illustrations.
- Several case studies and teamwork sessions.
INTRODUCTION TO OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY 0.5 day
- Historical approach to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Introduction to Safety Culture.
- Roles and responsibilities of the different elements of the organisation.
- Safety Leadership characteristics. Roles of safety leaders. Communication and Motivation. Safety Communication examples.
WORKPLACE ACCIDENTS & OCCUPATIONAL DISEASES 0.5 day
- Undesired events concepts. Undesired events classification. Unsafe acts and unsafe conditions concept.
- Safety main Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Other HSE KPI. Leading and lagging indicators.
- Learning from incidents and accidents: Near Misses, Reporting and Cause Tree Analysis.
- Local legal requirements. Main sources of information. General development of a system to ensure legal requirements compliance.
- International best practices and standards: National regulations becoming international best practices (API, NFPA, …), International organizations (IOGP, ISO, …).
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT 2 days
- Occupational hazard identification and risk assessment in workplace.
- Hazards related to products.
- Fire and explosion risks.
- Risks associated to machines, mechanical equipment and tools. Safe design of machinery.
- Lifting and rigging operations.
- Works at height.
- Electrical Risks.
- Logistics safety. Road, air and marine transportation. Hazardous material transportation.
- Safety in storage areas. Storage of hazardous material.
- Personal protective equipment types and selection.
- Emergency Evacuation Plan.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & HYGIENE MANAGEMENT 1 day
- Hygiene risk assessment.
- Physical agents: noise, vibrations, temperature.
- Chemical agents: risk assessment techniques. Exposure limits. Toxicology.
- Biological agents: risk assessment techniques. Food and water management. Case study Legionnaires’ disease.
- Ionizing radiation agents: risk management. Typical ionizing equipment. NORM.
- Health control of employees. Fitness to work procedure.
- Health infrastructure requirements and emergency evacuation management.
ERGONOMICS & HUMAN FACTORS 0.5 day
- Ergonomics and human factors assessment in workplace. Introduction to fatigue management.
- Physical human factors: Position, repetitive movements, lighting, temperature, noise.
- Mental human factors: Stress, monotony, repetitive tasks, workplace bullying, motivational aspects.
- Human error. Analysis and improvement techniques.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM - AUDIT 0.5 day
- Organizational model. Workplace risk assessment management.
- System certification. BSI OHSAS 18001.
- Induction and training to the workforce.
- Audit of management system.
- Communication and improvement plans.