5 days PROC/ADV1GB
- Engineers involved in operating or designing Oil & Gas field processing facilities.
- This course provides a thorough understanding of thermodynamics principles underlying operation and design of Oil & Gas processing facilities.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- describe Oil & Gas well effluents composition, properties and characteristics,
- grasp ideal gas law and real fluid behavior and characterization methods,
- explain liquid-vapor equilibrium of pure substances and mixtures,
- master the operating principles and performances of mixture separation processes,
- perform simulations with PRO/IITM and master the fundamentals of Equations Of State.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Highly interactive training with industry-specialist lecturers.
- Numerous applications and illustrations.
- Extensive practice of PRO/IITM process simulation software.
Well effluent 0.75 day
- Constitution and physical states of matter.
- Constituents of well effluents: hydrocarbons, impurities, water, sediments, …
- Different types of effluents: black oil, light oil, volatile oil, condensate gas, dry gas, …
- Characterization parameters: GOR, CGR, BSW, WOR, Water Cut, Bo, Bg, B'g, …
- Examples of compositions of crude oil and natural gas effluent.
Liquid-vapor equilibrium of pure substances 1.25 days
- Vapor pressure curves.
- Overall phase diagram of a pure substance (three dimensions: P, T and V).
- Enthalpy diagrams of pure substances.
- Exercises: Vapor pressure and boiling points of pure components. Vapor pressure and boiling point. Case of a column.
- PRO/IITM simulation: Propane Cryogenic Loop. Operating parameters optimization. Effect of ambient conditions.
Liquid-vapor equilibrium of mixtures - mixture separation processes 2 days
- Phase envelopes.
- PRO/IITM simulation: Phase enveloppe of well effluents, sales gas, stabilized crudes.
- Well effluents behavior from pay zone to surface processing facilities.
- PRO/IITM simulation: evolution of the effluent behaviour in a well.
- Techniques applied to mixture separation: flash process, distillation process.
- Absorption and stripping phenomena.
- PRO/IITM simulation: LPG recovery by physical absorption. Mixture Separation by distillation: LPG splitter.
Ideal gas & real fluid behavior 0.5 day
- Ideal gas behavior.
- Behavior of real fluids: compressibility factor, Amagat's law, law of corresponding state with two and three parameters.
- Equations Of State (EOS): conception, uses, examples, selection.
Heat transfer, heat balance & thermal equipment 0.5 day
- Fundamentals of heat transfer.
- Heat balance.
- Technology of heat exchangers and air coolers.
- Examples of thermal equipment applications.